Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Will Fisher Ever Improve On Advertising?

wharghoul said:
Mike, I completely agree with you....
I love my F75 Ltd, but I know their costs can't be more than $1,000 to produce the units, seems like an awful lot of profit margin....

I would say actual cost of manufacturing the F-75 ... less the cost of R&D is less than $400 each.
But they spent a load of money developing the design, tweeking out the bugs, setting up the dies and molds, and other expenses incurred before they sold the first unit. They need to price them to recover all that money before they can say they are making any profit.
Shouldnt be too long ... they are a great machine and will sell very well just on thier own merits.

Hey ... do you really want to see out detecting with a F-75?
Wouldn't you like to follow behind someone and find something they missed?

Let them all to use the "G" and tell them they made a great choice ... (great for you).

Willee

dring219 said:
my name is Donnie , I am a NOOB to MDing , i dont even have my detector yet .
I hope to have it Sat , Feb 5th . A Fisher F5 .

I kept seeing ads on Discovery / History channels about Whites , and finally asked / told wife i wanted a MD . We talked a few days , i searched websites . We settled an a price that we could afford . As i looked into Whites , i figured that it wasnt for me , so i started looking around some more . Found a MD superstore on the east side of FL , kept looking at their website , reading forum posts , looking at more websites . Was really seriously thinking about a "G" 250 / 350 , but really thought that a turn on and go unit wasnt for me .

Kept looking reading more forum posts , and saw where Bart Davis said that he sold Fishers that didnt include all that frilly foo foo that came with the units from that super store in FL . That he had reasonable prices and also included shipping and he sold Fishers that had a 5 year warranty , not just a 2 year .

I thought since this was a birthday present to myself , and that going to be 40 , that those basic units werent for me , the F5 had everything i wanted , never even saw an ad for it either . Watched several UTube vids about it , read things that Mike Hillis wrote , and i was sold on the Fisher product line . All thanks to an ad about a Whites unit .

So far , Bart at Big Boys Hobbies has done me right , hope the F5 i get is the v2 with the screw on coil rather than the plug in , but if it is the plug in , saw an earlier post about Fisher replacing it under warranty .
Sorry for being so long winded on my first post , but i have yet to see anything from Fisher / FT as far as ads go .

Thanks , Donnie in East Tennessee

Donnie ... you made two good choices.
The detector and who you bought it from.
You will be very satisfied whit the F-5 and if you get out there and put it to use it WILL pay for itself ... no brag ... just a fact.
If you can possibly use it at a swimming beach some where this summer I bet you wife will be happy with what you find in the sand.

Willee

thanks to you guys and the reading of many forums about the F5 , thats what made my mind up . i hope that it WILL pay for itself in a year or two . that all depends on how much i get out to MD . With my work schedule , i should have plenty of time , and also time in the evenings after work , if there are some safe places after dark . My wife and her family have about a 100 acres for me to learn on , old farm land .

Still waiting on delivery . should be here tomorrow , if USPS is right . Cant wait , i feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve .