Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why Would You Need The Smaller Coil?

davidtn

If the V3 does a better job in analyzing targets (bars/sine waves/etc.) why would you really need a smaller coil for trashy areas? Is it because it would do a better job of ignoring trash so you wouldn't have to interpret it to begin with?

Seems like you'd be able to ignore the trash by using the stock coil and interpreting the data that is given to the user, plus you wouldn't lose any depth.

I'm not an owner yet so please forgive me if this question is stooopid.

A smaller coil on any detector does a better job separating good targets and trash. You sacrifice some depth and a lot of coverage, but you gain tremendously in the recovery of masked targets in a trashy area.

Even in analyze mode, if a good target and a piece of trash were close together, the V3 would try to analyze both of them together. A smaller coil would allow you to analyze each separately.

And you can get much closer to fences, playground equipment and near sidewalks where rebar is a problem. Often times, you get finds that others missed because the larger coil couldn't not get as close.

Even GOOD targets. You don't want to dig a hole 18" across! I can plug a hole of 3" and move to the next target and plug it with another 3" hole ;-)

Jerry

All great replies. Thanks so much.

What do you all consider the top two smaller coils for the V3 to be?

I have the 6

I have the 6 x 10 and the 4 x 6. The 4 x 6 is fantastic for real trashy areas and the 6 x 10 is on my DFX or MXT 90% of the time. Can't wait for those 2 to come out for the Vision

I vote for the 5.3 eclipse, especially for jewelry. Most rings gold or silver, that I have found are not deep 2-4", they tend to get
caught in the roots of the grass. A small coil helps you pull them out of high trash areas by cutting down on the targets
the detector has to analyze. For deep silver coins, a larger coil is better, using tone ID helps in trashy areas.

Good luck

The conical 5.3 is a great coil, no doubt, but I think my choice would be the 6X10 DD. It is really hard for me to go that slow swinging a 5.3 and I used the 6X10 for many years on the DFX and it got through the trash good enough for me and very good depth as well.