Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why The F75

Randy In Kc

Looking at options and making a trade and was wondering why you folks chose the F75 and if you are happy with it. Tried to look at the pros and cons from all of your posts. I can see it is light weight, better balanced, and seems to go deep. Some of the cons seem to be some quality problems that look like were rare and being worked out. Another con would be the cost, but compared to other top of the brand machines it is comparable.

Using a MXT now with the Sunray pinpointer mounted. It is a fine machine and seems a lot like this new Fisher. What does the F75 offer? I have had many different top of the line units including a Shadow X5 (missed the meter), Garrett 2500 (never liked it), Minelab Explorer XS that was nice but too heavy, and even a Fisher CZ70 I took to England and ended up putting in the closet due to the iron over there. Do most of my hunting in suburban areas like parks, sports fields, etc and am not getting any younger so the light weight is appealing.

Sell Me.

Thanks for your replies.

Randy, I hunt the same types of places as you do and the F75 excels in those places. It has the fastest recovery of any detector out, it's target separation is terrific, has several modes to select from for various hunting situations that all actually work for each situation and as you know, has great depth , very light weight and simply put, it will find the goodies and make it fun doing so. HH jim tn

I will tell You why the F75 is the best , I live in the uk, and have had all the rest,
Mine lab se, whites xlt/dfx, the GMP, the XT70, i have been down that road and the f75 is the best one that i have had so far

about that site also. Some people have experienced problems with the F75, but I have not had any problem with mine. It has the fastest response time on any machine that I have used and is really good pulling good targets out of trash. It may take some getting used to what the machine is telling you but that is normal with most machines. I found good targets mixed with bad using the factory settings with just a little tweaking. All the tweaking I found on the F75 forum. Good machine and plent of advice available to help you.

A small coil has been announced but no release date. This should really make the F75 hard to beat in trashy areas.

If you are thinking of buying used, don't forget that the warranty does not transfer.

The days are over where you buy a detector just because it is deep.

I rate a detector by these 10 things :

1. Features
2. Depth and stability
3. Discrimination and Notch system
4. Ease of use
5. Types of hunting that can be done with the detector
6. Weight and balance
7. Power consumption and operating costs
8. Build Quality
9. Warranty
10. Price and value

Read more here: http://www.fisherf75.com/pb/wp_c2a44595/wp_c2a44595.html?0.045340336607488096

i am on my 3rd machine sent direct from 1st texas to me in england ,due to problems with the 1st & 2nd machines ?

i am now extremely pleased i have got a " good one " has this put me off the f75 ...... the answer is no !!

i have had nearly every machine you could mention and i have at last found a machine that does everything i need / want

so my advice to you is get the fisher f75 and you will not be disappointed with the machines capabilities over other machines.

If I had to do it over again, I would have waited for someone to make a smaller coil for the f75 b4 I bought one. When I bought my Explorer SE, I also got an 8 inch coil at the same time, in all honesty, I don't believe I could of learned the SE as quickly with the larger coil that it came with. The f-75's coil is way to large as a learning starter coil. Sony wouldn't put out a new gaming system without games for it, so why did Fischer put out the f75 without another coil option. The advantage of the f75 is it's recovery speed and separation, do you have any idea what that machine would do with an 8 inch coil?!!! Lesson learned, I am not buying another hot off the presses, machine again without two things being present... 1. availability of smaller coil options 2. a Sun Ray probe option. The glitches in the machines issues aren't even a concern as long as they are willing to fix them; which from the posts here, it appears that they do. But I caution anyone about buying a used f75, because if that machine has those same issues, I don't believe the warranties transferable. I also believe many people that have had difficulties with the f75, a good deal of the chatter complaints would have been minimized by a smaller coil. Give me an 8 inch round and a a small sniper coil for this machine and then maybe it could compete better with the current machines I use and more importantly know. At least it would be easier to learn. And if Fischer can't seem to hop on the ball and produce and market a smaller coil after a year then maybe they should encourage other secondary coil manufactures or outsource to them to fill that void that is currently hurting their reputation and eventually their sales of their new flagship machine the F-75. Just my ranting opinion.:veryangry:

that I visited often before I went on the Jimmy Sierra Trip to England. I can't remember the name of it but it had lots of different forums and many great finds to look at. I know that doesn't narrow it down much. Maybe you know the one I mean. By the way, my England trip spoiled me. I had to force myself to go hunt a park after hunting for old Romans, Saxons, and Silvers. It took me several days to get the hang of hunting over there but ended up with a couple of Roman keepers. Still my oldest finds, Ha Ha. (by a few years that is)

Thanks

Randy, I've always liked Fisher machines, so I am a bit biased in my reply, I guess. When I first began considering the F-75, I was informed that it was supposed to be basically a deep seeking detector w/ a very accurate Target ID system, and have a DD coil to boot. It was also rumored to have a very fast recovery speed.

Well, all of that turned out to be true.

You mentioned the Explorer, which is an excellent machine, but for me, has a very slow recovery speed. The F75 has a lightning fast recovery speed, which means less target masking.

It is, in my opinion, as versatile as any machine out there.

Also, as a relic machine, (in my opinion) it can hold its own with any machine out there, including Nautilus.

For me, the key in determining how good a new detector is, is when veteran, highly reputed detectorists put down tried and true detectors, and pick up a new one that comes along.

I know of at least four relic hunters who I consider to be experts in that field, each of which have over 20 years experience in relic hunting. Their primary relic machines have always been the Tesoro Tejon and the Nautilus, both fine and capable relic machines.

Guess what? They are all swearing by the Fisher F75.

I can't speak for it as a coin machine. But from what I have read here and on other forums, it more than holds its own in that regard.

Hope this helps.

Watch, a smaller coil is going to make this machine better. All manufacturers like to introduce their machines with the larger coil because everyone's biggest concern is depth. You get more depth with a larger coil, however, it's harder to learn a new machine with a larger coil. All I'm saying is fine give people the big coil so that they can brag about depth, but I don't own an f75 for depth, I bought it for separation through faster recovery in my previously hunted iron infested sites, which is this machines claim to fame, now give me a coil for that purpose so that I might be able to use this thing before it flipping snows. People say it's been a year and no coil yet, WRONG, Fischer didn't know they were making the F-75? It's been three years and no coil. They dropped the ball and it landed on your no smaller coil yet, harder to get the hang of machine foot and mine. And yes, I am saying you should buy a smaller coil for your SE and every other machine you own because unless you are hunting in the absolutely cleanest sites large coils will not give you the separation necessary to pick out targets in between the trash and if someone were just learning their machine, the smaller coils will help them to do that, because instead of 5 targets under the coil there may only be one or two, the tones will be clearer and more easily identifiable which helps the operator learn the tones faster without being confused, wouldn't you agree?

It is true most detectors need a small coil in high trash environments, however it is my experience that the F-75 doesn't. In fact it is the only machine I've used that doesn't need a small coil. It does just as good with the stock coil as a 4" coil on my Tesoro.

I don't believe First Texas dropped the ball at all. I'll tell you one thing I've found is that using the F-75 makes me very impatient with the more traditionally responding machines (read as 'everything else").

I personally could care less about a smaller coil but I would like to see some larger coils for it. A big 12" concentric and a larger 9"x16" DD would make me happy.

HH

Mike

Coin shooting at a house tear down a MXT with a small coil was killing me in coin finds. Had to go and get my shadow with 7in coil to get the coins. Iron trash the 75 is fine
but a lot of non ferrous trash and you will need a small coil to pick the coins out. So get the coil out so we can buy it only down fall of the 75 I have found so far.

I agree. I'd like to see a larger coil for relics. I definitely would sell my heavy MXT with it's 14" DD coil. Hopefully, someday all our coil wishes will be taken care of by Fisher. Now, if only Sunray will make an inline probe, life would be good.

Keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri