Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who does Coil repair in the USA?

bigtim1973

I have 2 coils that have the outer rubber part of the cable dry rotted away
The coils still work but I would love to have the cables replaced.

I called Centreville electronics but they do not do that.

So does anyone know who does this here in the states?

I have found only one company in the Ukraine that does this and with the current events going on I do not wish to ship over sea

This site may do it. Not sure. Never mind I see this is in Ukraine. Sorry about that.

This site may do it. Not sure. Never mind I see this is in Ukraine. Sorry about that.
They are the ones in Ukraine

You might contact places that do repairs on CB or ham radios?? they may be able to do something. Let us know if you find someone to fix the coil wire covers . I have a small coil that came with a CZ 3 D that needs repair. thanks Tony

I have 2 coils that have the outer rubber part of the cable dry rotted away
The coils still work but I would love to have the cables replaced.

I called Centreville electronics but they do not do that.

So does anyone know who does this here in the states?

I have found only one company in the Ukraine that does this and with the current events going on I do not wish to ship over sea
Metal detector repair men are sure rare as hens teeth. Rare as rocking horse Crap. Can't help wonder why :laugh:

Metal detector repair men are sure rare as hens teeth. Rare as rocking horse Crap. Can't help wonder why :laugh:
They all went crazy.
CK the loony bin.

Could try this stuff.
Used to put protective covers on tool handles.
Not sure how flexible it is though.
Maybe liquid tape even.
Hang it by the plug end and paint it on.
I need to that to my MXT coil.

They all went crazy.
CK the loony bin.

Could try this stuff.
Used to put protective covers on tool handles.
Not sure how flexible it is though.
Maybe liquid tape even.
Hang it by the plug end and paint it on.
I need to that to my MXT coil.

I found some plastic wire loom from.harbor freight that I am gonna try

Unfortunately, with all the new metal detectors coming on the market and prices dropping on so many detectors, it would be cost prohibitive to have them fixed unless under warranty. I have an Old Fisher Coinstrike that the main coil crapped out. I found a new ID Edge coil that would work on it, but at $143.00 for the coil, I had to stop and think about it. I picked up the C$ used for $175.00 3 years ago. So it comes down to how badly I want to fix the C$, it my favorite machine. But with all the new multi frequency detectors on the market for under $500.00, it's a quandary.

Unfortunately, with all the new metal detectors coming on the market and prices dropping on so many detectors, it would be cost prohibitive to have them fixed unless under warranty. I have an Old Fisher Coinstrike that the main coil crapped out. I found a new ID Edge coil that would work on it, but at $143.00 for the coil, I had to stop and think about it. I picked up the C$ used for $175.00 3 years ago. So it comes down to how badly I want to fix the C$, it my favorite machine. But with all the new multi frequency detectors on the market for under $500.00, it's a quandary.
Well I understand what you are saying...however, these new machines suffer much more from EMI than older ones do and are just dependable

I have several older units that I enjoy and wish to keep going

Speaking of Los Banos Fisher units
..I have recently bought a Never used CZ-5 in showroom condition

With that said...yes it is heavier than the new whiz bang technology that is available now

But, I can replace the battery on an outing and keep on trucking, I can replace the headphones jack myself if I ever need to. It runs both 5 and 15 frequencies that still packs a punch and goes deep.....yeah I know it doesn't notch and you will dig deep iron on occasion....but I have done that with a Deus 2

But if you got that coil for your Coinstrike......it will be worth a lot more working than not working when you go to sell it.

That's being factored into the decision, but unfortunately with the C$ having such a bad rep, the best I could hope to get out of it with the new ID Edge coil would be roughly about what I paid for the Coil. So at best I would recoup the money spent on the coil.