Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Vision vs Minelab explorer

schvarzy

I have an Explorer SE and was wondering if it would be worth to get a white instead.... Anyone has done some test in comparison? How fast is it specially if a good target is next to a rejected one? How fast can you sweep the grounds? Is it lighter? Can it pick up small chains? Can you use bigger coils? How long can the battery last?

Thanks for any comparaisons!

I also have an SE Pro, but no longer have a use for it, it will be sold soon. I have been testing depth for many months and they are about the same on silver and the V3 really excels on the gold targets. Recovery time is fully adjustable for iron masked targets. You can swing the V as fast as you want. It weighs 4.3 lbs.Yes, it picks up small chains just fine. Yes, you have 21 coils to choose from and the battery lasts about 8 hours.

I understand you just registered and this is your first post, but if you would have looked at past questions or used the search feature, you would have found out that every question you asked has been discussed in detail. Welcome to the Vision/V3 forum.

:wiggle: Thanks! I did not find any comparative reports on both machines.... What would be the better coil for beaches? The Vision is kind of new, how come you could try it for many month?

>>I understand you just registered and this is your first post, but if you would have looked at past questions or used the search feature, you would have found out that every question you asked has been discussed in detail. Welcome to the Vision/V3 forum.<<

This is got to be a set up!!!!!!

Jerry

I would use the Bigfoot on the beach, but that is just me. The opening page is the name of this forum and this sentence, "Larry had hands on experience as a consultant to White's on the project and White's Electronics said he was instrumental in field testing the new

Hi,

I like the V3 and will keep for one simple reason. It allows me to use my Bigfoot coil. I can cover a sports field with a faster sweep and a wider swath that I'd be able to with an SE. I'm not after depth, I'm after coverage and jewelry. And since the V3 is hotter on gold, pretty much a no-brainer for me.

That said, the Explorer is a great detector. I'd not ditch it unless you could get some hand's on with the V3 first to make sure it appeals to you. I have to admit that after using White's for many years the Explorer series just operates in a way I find kind of alien. It takes a mental shift for me to use one. It may be a long-time Explorer user would feel the same way getting their hands of a V3.

Steve Herschbach

I just traded in my SE Pro for the V3 and I'm glad I did. I never did get comfortable using the SE. I know they are one of the best detectors on the market today, but I have enjoyed hunting with the V3 and would not go back.

Steve you sead it so well, I too a Whites user 4R 20 + years , My Whites Dealer ordered a Vision Big Foot Dont know how mutch $$$$$$ But I got a order in early, 4R the Explorer yes its a good unit, I had a XS it went DEEP ?? ben going through units too find the one 4R me, User Friendly on the V-3that means somtheing mine is a Vision Box , It just feels Right Think on it ,
Its about having Funnn????? Mic

Can you expand on this a bit?

"Recovery time is fully adjustable for iron masked targets."

What is the relation to recovery time and ironmasking? Unmasking?

Thank you

SJ

I have the Minelab Etrac which is their newest high end model, I find in order to get a good ID or a good tone out of it at depth(over 4 inches) the sensitivity has to be past 22 in my area which I can only get in limited places...I live in upstate NY by Rochester