Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites MX9

I would stick with the V3i, Odanscoils. With this incredible detector you have ALL the goodies in the palm of your hand. The target analysis tools are excellent and still unmatched.
Sorry, wood butcher. I don't want to hijack your thread.
No, I kinda like the v3i myself, I've owned a few. Got frustrated with the first 3 , then I realized just cause it had all those settings didn't mean I had to use them. Then I started to really like the v3i from then on ..

I think it’s a 15 kHz machine, shares coils with the mxt.. the frequency offset is actually a frequency shift for emi, that’s not the actual frequency..

I wanted to post this here for a few reasons, one it’s a shame whites shut down and the other is to show what was never released from them.. This is a mx9 finished prototype that whites never released. It’s like a mxt with so much more. I’ve never seen another, there’s a guy called Geo on another forum who has one , he worked at whites I think..
But the Mx9 was never released because I guess they didn’t want it competing or overshadowing the MXT.. Shame really…But it has 10 levels of sensation,,,Coin,beach,relic and prospecting modes…volume 1-99,,,threshold 0-99,,,frequency offset -10 to +10,,track and trac lock with ground grab,,tones are 1,2,4,8 and F.. F is for full tones…Has modulated or unmodulated audio,,,Standby mode if you hit the power button it’s silent, hit it again it’s in hunt mode again. Has a few other features that I’m probably not remembering..just a smooth machine, ID is very good.. I didn’t get a manual with it if one even exists, so who knows what could be hidden in settings..
It’s a mx5 body style but it’s not a mx5 at all, it’s more mxt but with all the good stuff the mxt lacked, and at half the weight, at least it feels that way..The 4 on the bottom of the screen stands for 4 tones, the F stands for full tones..
Can you use the MXT-DD coils? , I see it has a concentric on it in the pictures. Thanks Tony-Ok

Can you use the MXT-DD coils? , I see it has a concentric on it in the pictures. Thanks Tony-Ok
I don’t have any DD coils, but yea I don’t see why not. It shares coils with the mxt. Wish I did have a DD , I can run the sens at all 10 bars on it, full throttle on the hunt and no feedback or emi. It’s smooth that's for sure. The mx5 I had only had 7 bars of sensitivity and I was lucky to run 6 bars of sensitivity,same spider coil too, and it was sparky at 6 bars

I don’t have any DD coils, but yea I don’t see why not. It shares coils with the mxt. Wish I did have a DD , I can run the sens at all 10 bars on it, full throttle on the hunt and no feedback or emi. It’s smooth that's for sure. The mx5 I had only had 7 bars of sensitivity and I was lucky to run 6 bars of sensitivity,same spider coil too, and it was sparky at 6 bars
I've read the MXT coils don't do well with the highest frequencie. I have the MXT and a few coils for it.
How has your experience been using MXT coils on the V3i ???