Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites MX9

woodbutcher

I wanted to post this here for a few reasons, one it’s a shame whites shut down and the other is to show what was never released from them.. This is a mx9 finished prototype that whites never released. It’s like a mxt with so much more. I’ve never seen another, there’s a guy called Geo on another forum who has one , he worked at whites I think..
But the Mx9 was never released because I guess they didn’t want it competing or overshadowing the MXT.. Shame really…But it has 10 levels of sensation,,,Coin,beach,relic and prospecting modes…volume 1-99,,,threshold 0-99,,,frequency offset -10 to +10,,track and trac lock with ground grab,,tones are 1,2,4,8 and F.. F is for full tones…Has modulated or unmodulated audio,,,Standby mode if you hit the power button it’s silent, hit it again it’s in hunt mode again. Has a few other features that I’m probably not remembering..just a smooth machine, ID is very good.. I didn’t get a manual with it if one even exists, so who knows what could be hidden in settings..
It’s a mx5 body style but it’s not a mx5 at all, it’s more mxt but with all the good stuff the mxt lacked, and at half the weight, at least it feels that way..The 4 on the bottom of the screen stands for 4 tones, the F stands for full tones..

Attachments

• IMG_4601.jpeg
    IMG_4601.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4604.jpeg
    IMG_4604.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4608.jpeg
    IMG_4608.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4611.jpeg
    IMG_4611.jpeg
    1,021.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4613.jpeg
    IMG_4613.jpeg
    971.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4614.jpeg
    IMG_4614.jpeg
    992.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4615.jpeg
    IMG_4615.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4618.jpeg
    IMG_4618.jpeg
    1,011.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4620.jpeg
    IMG_4620.jpeg
    993.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4621.jpeg
    IMG_4621.jpeg
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 39
I was gonna say I never heard of that.
Awesome. Would so loved to have run that.
Though the frequencies seem low.
I would have expected at least the gold ring loving 12.5khz and around 20-40khz.
With the GMT program thrown in like the MXT.

I was gonna say I never heard of that.
Awesome. Would so loved to have run that.
Though the frequencies seem low.
I would have expected at least the gold ring loving 12.5khz and around 20-40khz.
With the GMT program thrown in like the MXT.
I think it’s a 15 kHz machine, shares coils with the mxt.. the frequency offset is actually a frequency shift for emi, that’s not the actual frequency..

I think it’s a 15 kHz machine, shares coils with the mxt.. the frequency offset is actually a frequency shift for emi, that’s not the actual frequency..
Oh. I miss understood.
Thought it was more advanced with multiple frequencies.

If they would have made it 5 multi with all on or any combination chosen by the operator.
That would have been fantastic.
And I'll go one farther.
The V3i graphs and bars.

I agree, I think they were moving towards a modern mxt and this was gonna be it. But after they finished the prototype they were reluctant to release it for fear of competition with the mxt,,at least that’s what Geo had said, I can see that. But I don’t think it was made to compete with the V3i,or replace it.. It’s a good piece of history though from a great company

I'm hoping this vortex from Garrett is close.
The V3i three bar screen looks interesting.
Though does it preform like it.
With less adjustments to confuse a regular operator.

Been following your thread over on Detector Prospector and Carl's input.
Sounds like my MXT on steroids!!

I agree, I think they were moving towards a modern mxt and this was gonna be it. But after they finished the prototype they were reluctant to release it for fear of competition with the mxt,,at least that’s what Geo had said, I can see that. But I don’t think it was made to compete with the V3i,or replace it.. It’s a good piece of history though from a great company
I've never understood that.
So what if it competes with their own detector.
Your still selling detectors.
Guys will buy the new fangled dandy.
Only to find they liked the old one better.
Because they sold their old one to get the new one.
They go back and buy another old one.
I see win win.
Never understood that thinking.
Especially Minelab.

Yep, I thought about it and although I like whites im a pretty much diehard etrac fan. Figured I'd put it up and let someone who enjoys whites more buy it. It's at auction
Man I'd of jumped on that.
Had I not just picked up a nice V3i.
Always wanted one.
I'm hoping the Vortex is really something special.
Pretty certain that's mostly White's tech.

I did notice at startup the mx9 does have 6 modes listed, but when I cycle through the modes it only has coin,beach,relic and prospect.. but I did manage to figure out how to get into all metal mode, hold the pinpoint down for a few seconds and it goes into all metal mode with visual ID in that hunt mode..but the first pro mode it shows, im wondering how you get into that.

Attachments

• IMG_4633.jpg
    IMG_4633.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 17
Man I'd of jumped on that.
Had I not just picked up a nice V3i.
Always wanted one.
I'm hoping the Vortex is really something special.
Pretty certain that's mostly White's tech.

I would stick with the V3i, Odanscoils. With this incredible detector you have ALL the goodies in the palm of your hand. The target analysis tools are excellent and still unmatched.
Sorry, wood butcher. I don't want to hijack your thread.