Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's Classic ID

Try this link
http://www.geotech1.com/forums/showthread.php?19519-Whites-Classic-II-III-ID-and-IDX-Modifications

Pretty easy to do yourself.

[size=large]Which coils fit the classic id detectors ? and are there any upgrades that whites can do to this unit[/size]

Hi,
Any of the later 6,59 kHz coils will fit.
Whites will only recalibrate your unit to factory specs.
They do not do any custom tuning procedures (hot-rodding)
hh
skookum

To bad Mr Bill retired I don't want to take a chance on doing the mod. myself It seems like it would be easy to destroy the detector :detecting:

Well got a chance to take the unit out today not really what I expected from a whites detector great for detecting coins on the surface lol did an air test 1oz silver no more than 6 1/2 in same as a clad quarter Is this the best the classic id sl will do ? blue max 800 coil

lost Hunter said:
Well got a chance to take the unit out today not really what I expected from a whites detector great for detecting coins on the surface lol did an air test 1oz silver no more than 6 1/2 in same as a clad quarter Is this the best the classic id sl will do ? blue max 800 coil

Air test ?

If you are air testing, the distance you gave from the coil sounds about right to me, when waiving the coin slowly across the face of the coil. My Classic lll SL with the 8" coil does no better with a quarter when swept slowly, now if I speed up with the coin, I can get 8" with my set up. Of course, I can detect deeper in the ground than an air test conducted in the house with all the EMI going on.

[size=large]I want to do a Mr Bill's Mod. on my Classic Id Where can I find the right Resistors ?
Thanks For any Help
Jim HH:detecting:[/size]

Mr.Bill said:
I can tell by your post you are not familiar with the Classic series of Whites detectors.

There is no other unit in Whites line, that can compete with the Classic series units hunting in a trashy area, period ! In fact there are few detectors in the world that do as well as the Classic's do. This I am referring to before any modifications are done.

The modifications are done to enhance the operation of the Classic units. Not all users will need this done.

No disrespect meant to you, but I can see your judging, better & performance by the $ price $. In doing so you could be shutting out some fine detectors to use.

Surfscanner Modifications

[quote robert roy]I imagine the Classics are ok machines but for what you'd pay for them
new I'd look for something that gave you more options. Even used I'd be
better off looking beyound. But they did the job and found stuff so if you can live
with their limitations, go for it.
RR
[/quote]

I was recently able to acquire a Classic IDX PRO in

This post is from March 2008. I think they have decided by now.

Lost Hunter, I have a Classic ID, in fact I have 3 of them, but the Classic ID is not a depth monster. That said, the 3 classic ID's that I have , none are modified, but i don't use them for seeking deep silver in the middle of a park. I use them in the most iron infested ghost towns and old home stead sites. Unlike a park, most coins, trade tokens etc are less then 4".
As Mr. Bill said (if you scroll above to page 1) There is no other machine in the world that will come close to a "Classic" series machine for hunting in really trashy iron infested sites. They are a 2 filter fast recovery machine, very slow sweep. Put on the 4 1/2 " coil ( Blue max 350 snooper) and you will be amazed at what you will find in these iron infested hunted out sites. For example one old site i hit in the last few months with my $150 used Classic ID and my used $ 70 Blue max 350 snooper coil, I got into the worst part of this site, lots of old nails and rusted tin, I managed to get several barber quarters, barber and merc dimes, 16 trade tokens, rings all with the lil ol'classic ID. I have a MXT Pro and M6, but when its the worst of conditions, iron, rusted tin etc. I use the classic ID with that little coil.

OregonGreg; thanks for your helpful post. Looking at the White's site I don't think they offer this small coil now. I have ordered a 5.3", as others report success with this size too. The IDX PRO is a 6.59khz detector, same as my Eagle Spectrum so I can interchange it.

No they no longer make the Blue Max 350 Snooper coil. Once in awhile one will come across Findmall or Ebay. But in reality the Bullseye 5.3 will prob be all you need on your Classic ID (IDX) Alot of people didn't like the 350 snooper cause of it being too small. I like it for extreme iron infested areas. But the 5.3 will handle very trashy areas great. The trick is and that is what is so great about the Classic series is very slow sweep. In real trashy iron infested areas you can literally make a very very slow 3" to 6" side to side sweep. That Bullseye 5.3 will do the job. If ya ever come across the 350 snooper get it and try it. If not the 5.3 will get it done. LOL and another reason I like the little 350 snooper is that it makes me slow down. I think if I can cover more area faster I will get more finds. And that is the worst thing I could do in those trashy areas. Patience is not one of my better values :) Also I see ya also have a Eagle Spectrum. When I go from one of my different machines to using a Classic, I catch myself swinging the Classic way too fast, I have to remember to slow it down. If you swing a Classic like you would your Eagle Spectrum, it darn near makes the Classic machine useless. Anyhow, that's my 2 cents worth.