Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whistle Pigs are dangerous!

presented fly, but then again, what a memory for a young kid in catching a big trout. I bet she remembers that for life. I can remember a nice 8lb 2oz large mouth I caught back when I was around 19 still and can still see him coming up out of the water. Just about dusk, hot summer august, red daredevil spoon on spinning rod I had built. It was like watching it all happen in slow motion. I cast it to the spot I though one might be, and as its dropping into the spot, this big bass is coming up out of the water to take the lure. Nice fight, lots of dancing and then straight for the bottom. I got him in and what a nice fish. I had him in the freezer for at least a year. I then decided to send off to Herters, remember them, the best in America but it wasn't American....They had a bass mounting kid. So I did it up, not bad for the first, If you don't mind your bass looking like a Pelican. Actually it looked decent and I had it for many years. It may still be on the wall at the ex wifes. Might be a lot of darts in it along side my picture but hey, stuff happens.

At our gun club, we had 2 nice trout ponds and we would always have a few breeders in there in there. We would see howt often we could catch them. By out dirt bike club there is a big state hatchery for trout with 3 ponds and you can fish for them in there also but only with barbless hooks. Strickly catch and release unless damaged or hooked deep. I had a preference for a Montana I used to like in a #14. I liked them mostly because they were easy to tie, but they put fish in the creel pretty often also. Good producer on rainbows and browns. Better then some little midge on a #20 or smaller hook. I sneeze and they are all gone. I never tied them to small, but up in Vermont was the Orvis Flying tying school and they did a great job of it. All women and they made it look so easy on the small stuff.
They did finally get me tying a Royal Coachman pretty good and I still have some of those around here in my fly box. Back then for $100 bucks you could attend a 3 day fly fishing school, with lodging and a big meal at the end on Mt Equniox. You learned to fly fish with their bamboo rods, in their ponds, a 3 day license to fish the BattenKill River in the evening, etymology classes in the brooks to match what they were feeding on. Great time. Oftne there would be big name actors, sports people there, and when done they would be flying off to New Zealand, or Great lake in Canada, or slave lake, Jackson hole etc. Pretty neat. We would wait for them to get and off color bamboo rod that was not right, so they would mark it way down. Fished right, but wrong coloration to bring the big money they brought. Funny, my buddy Gary got one, around 200 bucks with extra tip. He came home and decided he would put the tip on it and bring it in to show his girlfriend, he leaned it against the car to get some other stuff, and her little kid came over to help, she slammed the door and you guessed it, his new 200 dollar rod was just inside the door frame. If you could have seen the look on his face as the rod tip stuck back at him. The good vaporized, good move on her part. Later on another trip up there he told them what happened, and he had the old one, they gave him a new tip for free, and Orvis don't do anything for free. I then was fly fishing with an old Shakespeare and a finer St Croix. I still have both of them. Hmmmm,, got way off track on this topic huh...

Geo-CT

tied flies for 20 years but have not now for at least 20 years. Have not been able to use a flyrod for many years, rotator cuff in my right shoulder is so hooped that i lose all feeling in the hand except for pain receptors within minutes. Working with arm extended up is not possible for me. Oh well, i can still yap!:biggrin:

didn't you just get a stick and club them?? Have as much luck!!:rofl:

As usual, funny story. Thanks buddy:thumbup: