Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which pin pointer is best with Equinox 800 and why?

I have been using the original black Garrett propointer for years,it just keeps ticking along and never had any issues with it,also for years i used my faithful Whites Bullseye and still carry that as a spare backup just incase one day the Garrett decide to packup.

One new pinpointer setup that i am looking at using this weekend is i have always wanted a 'Detectorpro Uniprobe' PI headphone/probe combination but the price was crazy high and also they have stopped production in recent years,but last weekend after waiting maybe 5 years i bought a brand new one for a cheaper price than a Garrett probe,so i have finally got my holygrail headphones/probe setup.Not used it yet but only possible concern is the possible cross talk between the Pulse headphones and the Equinox but as you switch between the 2 setups using the switch on the headphones i cannot initially see any problems using this setup.

One massive advantage or a couple i should say is that being a Pulse based probe i am thinking possibly 2-3'' inches additional depth from the probe,also located a brand new Detectorprobe 8'' and shaft this then gives me the ability to carry the Equinox as the main everyday detector and a Pulse detector as well in the back of the truck and not take the space up of 2 complete detectors.A win win situation.

Will do some testing with the new headphone/probe setup and see how it performs when using the Equinox,will be running the headphones via the WM-8 module.

Mega,
The only issue you might have with the Uniprobe is cross-talk from your EQ affecting the Uniprobe.
(Since a pulse detector is very 'broadband' in operation, the multi-freqs can really torture a PI detector.)

The easiest way to work around this is to simply adjust the frequency of the Uniprobe (while using it) using the knob on the headphones.
You'll find that it typically responds quickly to small freq changes, so adjust in small increments.

I've got 2...one as a backup...but find myself using the new Fisher/Tek pulse unit more these days.
I still think the Uniprobe is deeper, but the wireless HP options offset the performance loss with convenience.
:)
mike

trojdor said:
Mega,
The only issue you might have with the Uniprobe is cross-talk from your EQ affecting the Uniprobe.
(Since a pulse detector is very 'broadband' in operation, the multi-freqs can really torture a PI detector.)

The easiest way to work around this is to simply adjust the frequency of the Uniprobe (while using it) using the knob on the headphones.
You'll find that it typically responds quickly to small freq changes, so adjust in small increments.

I've got 2...one as a backup...but find myself using the new Fisher/Tek pulse unit more these days.
I still think the Uniprobe is deeper, but the wireless HP options offset the performance loss with convenience.
:)
mike

Mike,thanks for your reply,yes its a 'high' possibilty that it may crosstalk across both platforms,of course if it does not work out with the Equinox then i can try it on various other detectors that i use,one main machine or a possible couple could be my TDI Pro and Nexus MP,those 2 tectors could work well with the Uniprobe.As they have stopped making them i had basically lost any hope of ever getting one,possibly being able too buy a 2nd hand beat up set,but a brand new set at about a 1/4 of the price when they still made and sold them.Could not miss such a offer

Mike,once again thanks for your input