Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which pin pointer is best with Equinox 800 and why?

I just got a XP MI-4 about 6 months ago, I've had 3-4 of the Garretts & they never seem to last much more than 1- 1 1/2 yrs. I had one that died after a week. so
I thought I would try the XP-4 made by the same company that makes the Deus. So far I really like it. Also the parts are replaceable & has built in rechargeable
battery. and water proof to 6 meters or about 20 feet

http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/mi-4/

Same here on the Deus I have one and it holds a charge forever! no batteries to buy!

Cant do comparisons here.
For me having a probe capable keeping up with the Equinox was a challenge. When you are trying to find a tiny hammered coin in the muck in the U.K. or an earing in a pile of sand I want performance. After doing some performance test the pro find 35 rates tops, a couple other brands did well but we don't do comparisons here. As far as the battery I seldom have to replace it getting lots of hours detecting and using the probe regularly. One less thing to charge is a plus also. The ferrous I.D. is another handy function when targets are in close proximity to iron, which happens a lot. JMO
HH Jeff

In 37 year I have had several PPs all but my ProFind 35 are still working, but not to the degree the PF35 is.
The PF35 is easy to use and change sensitivity compared to others. After 2 years, it is still going strong.

I use the Garrett carrot and it seems to work well although my older one died. There is not any interference if that was what you were wondering about.

Just FYI...what goes wrong with the Garret’s can be fixed pretty easily with a tiny Philips screwdriver,very small shrink tubing and a soldering iron. I haven’t used anything BUT the Garrets, aside from the Sunray inline probe....and we won’t compare THOSE two!:)

Don't know if ya'll are referring to saltwater pointers but have had 2 Fisher F-Pulse pointers in 6 months and both (one in Florida, one Ohio) sometimes fail to turn-off, over and over again. Simply can't turn it off. I have a CTX 3030 and don't think it is the detector. Have to remove battery to turn-off. Fisher replaced first one and waiting to hear back about second one after I even sent them a video of the malfunction. Just bought the Pro Find 35, we'll see how it does.

The important thing to realize is that we have quite a few to choose from. That wasn't the case a decade ago. Everyone has settled on a favorite for a variety of reasons. The posts will continue to mention various of models and there really is no wrong answer. Me.....I like the Whites TRX. Plenty of depth to find the target without too much effort. Best thing ever to come out of Whites. Takes two different kinds of batteries. Waterproof. Just a great tool.

Had the same problem with my Tek Point. First Texas replaced it. Then had the same problem with my F-Pulse and they replaced that one. I use the Tek Point almost daily, and get falsing in wet conditions. Grounding sometimes works, and sometimes doesn’t. It’s wierd! I need to research a couple of others and try something else out based on my research, not the court of public opinion.

goodmore said:
The important thing to realize is that we have quite a few to choose from. That wasn't the case a decade ago. Everyone has settled on a favorite for a variety of reasons. The posts will continue to mention various of models and there really is no wrong answer. Me.....I like the Whites TRX. Plenty of depth to find the target without too much effort. Best thing ever to come out of Whites. Takes two different kinds of batteries. Waterproof. Just a great tool.[/quote

What goodmore said ...trx for years... my brother is using the first one I bought. I've used mine for years and have a trx for back up...so far its only been loaned out on occasion.

I have had very good luck with whites trx no problems now I have a Min Lab pro find 15 and its ok but hard to turn on and off but I hope to figure it out

This is not the case for me. When my Garrett Carrot is ON, I sometimes pick up the Equinox to recheck the target. When I do this, I receive interference from the pin pointer and the detector starts talking like R2D2. Once I shut the pin pointer off, my detector is fine.

hunt2day said:
I use the Garrett carrot and it seems to work well although my older one died. There is not any interference if that was what you were wondering about.

Ok hate to disrupt the But,, I’m waiting for Minelab to step up to the plate. They need to produce a pin pointer like the new Garrett zlink that goes to the wireless headphones and that way we won’t have all those kids surround you when your pointer is going off, ( wireless) Now Minelab I want the first one, Thank You

I make sure to not have my Nox coil to close too my search hole when I'm using my pinpointer to locate a target. I also auto noise cancel the Equinox with the pinpointer on at least once, before detecting, takes 5 seconds........ Every pinpointer I have will interfere with the Equinox unless I do these two things: Teknetics/Fisher, Garrett, Nokta/Makro and Deteknix. Haven't tried a Pro Find or Whites TRX yet.

Jeff

I haven’t had a pinpointed that doesn’t interfere with a detector especially when it’s to close. Remember if you are nearer a big cast iron pipe a detector can detect it 2-3 feet away. I know my Nox seams to be more sensitive. Also when digging and you accidentally or forget to take the Nox out of pinpoint mode it will sound off and chirp and that’s not the cause of trying to quiet the the Nox , just don’t leave it in pinpoint mode, just move it a little farther away .

Doug

If you do salt water hunting you ideally want a PI pointer that will not respond to salt water/sand. If you get a PI pointer, it needs to be tune-able so that you can slightly change detection frequency to minimize interference with your detector.

I have to of the Garrett black pinpointers. I love them. Not water proof but very dependable. I sent in one that quit working and they replaced it! I would try something else but will be very skeptical. They work to good.

I have been using the Xpointer pro, great pointer but recently got the Nokta pulsedive and it’s now my first choice, I like the settings and being able to shift frequency,I always turn pin pointer on while I noise cancel and never have a problem.