Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which meter is the better meter?? The DTI's or the Digisearch meter's.. I use a DTI 3. I never used a Digisearch. :D: :D:

n/t

Chuck, that's great news and it sounds like you're right...in YOUR case, the meter at the beach is probably a good idea. Here in Virginia Beach, we have mostly clad and jewelry...there is nowhere NEAR that level of trash...we're very lucky in that respect. During the summer, they run a crew of beach cleaning machines all night long every night, dragging the sand for trash and leaving everything nice and smoothly raked. And that results in a lot less trash making it down to the wet sand and the shallow water, which is where most of us hunt. It's very nice. So here the meter is never used. You dig it all and you agressively go after the mid and low tones because more often than not, it's gold, not trash. :)

Mike,
I had the pleasure of hunting VA Beach in Sept. this year. Nice clean beach, for sure.
This is a small sample of the chopped up cans we have to put up with at Ft. Myers Beach. It's like hunting in the city dump. The small pieces sound to good not to dig and the can tops still sound like a watch. This mess was dug in about an hour this morning. At least with the meter it is now easier to identify the the larger jagged pieces of the cans.

Chuck in Cape Coral

I hear ya man. And we have SOME of that as well, just not too much. And with experience, you can PRETTY WELL learn to guess what those things sound like on the Sovereign/Excal machines. But several of those pieces could just as well be a ring or a nice gold chain, so you should be pretty damn sure when you pass up such things.

I would never run any disc, but rather LISTEN to it all and then make a decision to dig or not. Obviously with the really large chunks there, they will be very distinctive to the trained Sovereign/Excal ear. It's the pull tabs and small scraps that scare me. :)

I would say you are as well-armed with the GT (with or without the meter) to succeed on the beach as with any other machine.