Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHERES THE BEST PLACE TO BUY A WHITES?

I would be interested to know also!
thanks

I can think of a couple of dealers including those that sponsor our forum that might be good places to look for a deal on a White's detector. Depending on where you live you might have one close to you, so check the Yellow Pages. Most authorized Whites dealers will make you a good deal. Prices and packages may vary some, so shop around. Good luck. HH Dennis in Idaho

She's very helpful and knows her stuff.

I bought three Whites from Kellyco and I am happy. Service is good. Sales persons - knowleageable. Shipping free. Delivery - two days. And price - is lowest in the market.

To stop the current price escalation we must support sellers who offer the lowest prices. It is crucial.

Kellyco and Mr. Bill - two unbeatable sources.

Hey, I know goto Kellyco's house/ office and see if they can show you what that 3rd knob is for?? or better yet see if kellyco can meet you somewhere and pick up a crutial part on a sun afternoon?? This is where a GOOD local TH'ing dealer is a real plus........use em' if you have one.

Very possible. We have no here any local dealers so I have no experience. Only with Kellyco, Mr.Bill and Gary - all of them are awsome monsters!!:jump::jump::jump:

I agree with you R'n'R. I have been caught with my pants down before, needing some crucial part, or some crucial input, at an odd day or weekend or whatever. And no, there's no way some nameless faceless catologue co. is going to offer the level of service that a fellow hobbyist dealer can offer. I go with the local dealer EVEN when they are more expensive. The only time I go with kellyco, is when it's some non-md'ing related item, like display trays.

Tom_in_CA said:
I agree with you R'n'R. I have been caught with my pants down before, needing some crucial part, or some crucial input, at an odd day or weekend or whatever. And no, there's no way some nameless faceless catologue co. is going to offer the level of service that a fellow hobbyist dealer can offer. I go with the local dealer EVEN when they are more expensive. The only time I go with kellyco, is when it's some non-md'ing related item, like display trays.

That is why prices are skyrocketing here. And will keep skyrocketing until we get smarter. Customers should keep sellers in check, not visa-versa. As long as Kellyco makes decent profit with its low prices, it means that prices are right. So if some one tries to charge more - to me it is pure greed. IMHO.

Pure greed to charge maybe $30 more on a $800 piece of equipment? The ONLY reason Kellyco and other big stores can have lower prices is because of volume, because of people who's sole criteria is low price. My local dealer is in his shop every day to answer questions and to handle any problems that a customer might have. If I'm wondering about a coil I can go in and talk to him for half an hour, no charge, and maybe walk out without purchasing anything. I can go in there and get a hands-on demonstration of just about every model on the market. If there's a mechanical problem I bring it to him and he takes care of it.

It takes me about 45 minutes to get to my local dealer. Costs me about $20 in gas in my truck for the 2 way trip. But he is my first choice when it comes to buying anything detector related. Obviously not because of his prices, but because of his availability, service, and knowledge. And most importantly because I know him as an individual, and he's a great guy.

Very possible. Like I said previously , here in NY there is no local MD dealears because MD hobby here is practically killed by bans, restrictions, off limits. So I have no experience working with them. I am glad for you honest.

Mirco, it is indeed unfortunate that you don't have a good local dealer. If you did, you'd appreciate why most detectorists prefer to patronize them, rather than buying via mail order. When it comes to buying metal detecting equipment, PRICE is one thing, VALUE is another. Even IF the local dealer is a bit more expensive than some mail order firm, (which isn't always the case) the hands-on training, local where-to-go info, and just general advice they can offfer is something that a mail order firm cannot possibly match. HH Jim