Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When did start metal detecting?? What Age??

Received my first detector for my 10th birthday. A White's machine. I still have it but it does not work. I have been planning on sending it in for repairs but haven't gotten around to it. I spent many years away from this hobby but never out of my mind. Definitely glad I'm back in the game now.

Early 1980's, I was in my early 30's, 1st MD was a White's.:detecting:

I started just 8 years ago at age 46.... late bloomer I guess.
Found lots of goodies in that amount of time and hoping to find lots more!!

I started in my early age of 23 with a Whites TR conquistador worked real good found many coins started a coin collection and was doing well when one day I checked the folders and found the quarter one all most empty one of my son's was using them to buy Cigarettes well that was some time back I am 82 now but still swinging a detector only a little slower. I love the hobby and got one of my 28 great grand kids fowling in my foot steps he loves to go with me when a can.
Don

I started in the early 80s, what caught my attention was an older gentleman hunting on the beach and in the water.. Being a man who likes challenges and things new I stopped and talked with the man (John) about detecting.. We ended up hunting together a for a few years, he finally passed... My first detector was a Garrett ADS which I also used in the water after some modifications..Here it is 2014 and I'm 64 years old and still love to dig in the dirt... I currently use a Minelab SE Pro, a very good detector...

Enjoy your next hunt!! John in Va..

I purchased my first metal detector in the early 1960's at age 14. I never had much luck with it. Then in the early 1980's a team mate in the North Tonawanda Tavern Pool League, between games showed me several Barber dimes, quarters and half dollars that he had dug on his lunch breaks in parks near the Chevy plant. He was using a Fisher 1260X and he showed me how to use it. I was hooked!
Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Just last year at age 64.Something i always thought about gave it a try and fell in love with the hobby.I always say my at pro makes me look better than what iam at hunting.

Age 6 with a radio shack rig that ran on one 9 volt.
Found my first Barber quarter with it dated 1909.
That would have been 1969 or 1970 when I started.