Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's YOUR best find??

Banzai

Hello everybody!! I'm new to this, so to satisfy my wife (to help her feel better about me spending big $$ on a MD) Would some of you please tell us (her)... What is the MOST valuable item(s) that you have found, and how much is it worth? Pics are optional and encouraged. That way I can say, "See honey, maybe I can find something that nice too!!" My MD will be delivered this week and I can't wait to start hunting. Thanks to all who reply!! HH

Sold on e-bay for $400 and change
[attachment 71616 1877front.jpg]

Sold on e-bay for $200
[attachment 71617 eagle.jpg]

Sold on e-bay for $125
[attachment 71615 tmp6121ud9.jpg]

Sold on e-bay for $100
[attachment 71618 mcrr.jpg]

Sold on e-bay for $100
[attachment 71619 dogtax.jpg]

Sold on e-bay for $80.
[attachment 71614 noca2.jpg]

Plus many many others sold. Helped me out with bills when times were tough. Jim

Those are some NICE finds Jim!! I hope to find things like that too... along with a nice ring for the, "Better Half". :inlove:

..... back when I did a lot of regular beach detecting, my best year ever for beach found coins and cash was a bit over $1,000. Included in that were a few crumpled up packs of cigarettes with folded up 20's or a $50 bill.

My wife and three daughters all have "many" gold rings, bracelets, watches that I've found. I likely have well over a couple thousand dollars worth of detecting found "stuff" on display in my store ... coins, jewelry, CW relics and coins and relics from the UK that are Roman, Medieval, or early English.

I have a friendship with a detecting couple that have accumulated over 10 pounds of gold jewelry. They don't even keep track or keep their silver ... they sell that off right away.

You have to get out on a regular basis and decide if you personally want to collect and display your finds or slog them off on E-bay or some other auction site.

Frankly, I'd enter the hobby because it's fun and a healthy activity that hopefuly your wife will become involved in too. Don't quit your day job to be a treasure hunter.

Thanks Ed. That sounds so neat to find all that stuff... I can't wait to find my first penny, nickel, dime, and quarter... and jewelry stuff too. I wish I would have gotten into this hobby YEARS ago. I have always had the expensive hobbies that didn't pay anything back such as racing motorcycles, shooting guns, hunting, fishing, playing music, etc... thousands spent, nothing to show for it. (at lest nothing of any great value). I'll be sure to introduce my children into it at an early age. Once again, thanks for the info and welcome. and HH!!

Thanks for the welcome General Ray... I hope to get MANY years in this hobby and pass it on to my children.

The first araingment of pixels is of a 14kt gold ring with 15 diamonds, antique, the jeweler examined the ring and said the diamonds were cut more than 100 years ago, this rings value exceeds the cost of my detector.....

[attachment 71660 ring1.jpg]

The second photo is of a 1912 barber half found in an old school yard excavation site, looks fresh as the day it came out of mint......

[attachment 71661 1912obv.jpg]

WOW Fred, that is awesome!! I read your reply to my wife over the phone and it did make her awe a little. I'll show her the pics of all these replies and I know she'll get a little excited for me to find HER something. Thanks for the nice pics and your reply!! HH!!

[size=large] It is a yet unidentified sword belt plate from the Civil War. Sand cast in brass. it is believed to be a crudely made Confederate buckle but could be from any of the eastern states beginning with the letter "M": example ~ M********* Volunteer Militia. Unidentified value $1,000. Confirm it's origin and identity it's use from the Civil War and your looking at a $10 to $20,000, one of a kind relic. Not to shabby for a few hours on a morning hunt. [/size]
[attachment 71669 plate2a.jpg]

[attachment 71670 MVM2.jpg]

are the friends I've found on this forum. I've easily paid for my detectors with the clad and silver I've found and if the occasion arises that I need the money I can always cash in but the fun and friendships are priceless. Good luck and remember..its all good :thumbup:

<center>
Here's a few pics of some finds from last year (since I haven't gotten out much this yr)

This is actually from a couple yrs ago
[attachment 71671 DSCF0029.JPG]

This is a nice white gold man's wedding band
[attachment 71678 ring.JPG]

Found these in the same hole in a place we had "hunted out"
[attachment 71673 f6.JPG]

Here's a couple of great finds :thumbup:
[attachment 71674 DSCN06241.JPG]

This is James finding a Silver dollar
[attachment 71675 DSCN0138.JPG]

This is last years silver - 101 pcs
[attachment 71677 DSCN0515.JPG]

To Vern & Craig... those are some very nice finds... Thank you very much for the pics and info... I can just FEEL that I'm gonna find something nice one of these days. Is that a "normal" feeling? I think it'd be like a kid at christmas... the MD goes off, you know where to dig (like it's a xmas gift), then you dig (as if opening a gift) and when you see what you get, you're either really excited (got something GOOD) :clapping: , you're satisfied with your find (like a ok gift) :) , or you don't care if you give the gift back (if you find trash in the hole) :pulltab: :ranting: . That's probably how I'll be feeling when I start hunting. Anyways... thanks again for the replies and pics!! HH!! :detecting:

Nice finds Charlie... did you find both of those in KY? What do you think they're worth?? I'll hunt some of KY maybe next month if I can get down there to visit my Bro's. Thanks for the pics & info & HH!! :beers:

n/t