Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What would you do?

Did anyone else miss this?

'No, I only want my favorite machine repaired and returned to me."
After saying that, What else would you expect? If the cable is damaged and can't be repaired, then it can't be repaired. At which point you could have said, "Well do what you need to do to repair my machine, but I'd like to keep my old coil for sentimental reasons, so please return it with my detector".
People don't generally expect to have their damaged/broken parts returned unless they decide against the repairs at which point everything they sent is returned, otherwise the old/damaged/broken parts are discarded.
It sounds as if you realized the mistake you made in not asking for the return of your old coil and now want to bad mouth the company and the level of service you were given because of your error. Lessons learned my friend, lessons learned.
Well, at any rate I hope your new coil will help you find many more treasures.

HH

I recon you should treat your new coil like a brand new puppy, ready and eager to serve :)

I would have sent a letter telling them if they can't fix the coil please send it back even if they are going to exchange it.

Thank you for the excellent post dl.
Welcome to my world.. I don't think you are crazy. Can you show me someone normal? Can you find me an expert? Can you show me an honest person? Can you show me someone not in a hurry? Can you show me a professional driver? Can you show me someone who listens and hears? I could go on for some time about how things have changed.
I guess that is why I came back to metal detecting. The machines are lighter and nicer and I can stumble through it by myself with out the help of a guru. I do beach detecting and it is like meditation with the noise of the waves and the scenery, going at my own pace. It is my world under the headphones.
I found I can't really do much about the outside world but I can keep some semblance of the past by listening and watching the music and movies I grew up with because most artists and stars are dead and there is really no monetary value to change them. So they stay the same. It is about the only stability in my life. Every thing is changing by the day and information is so huge I get tired just thinking about it.
DL, I have to be in this world but I can get some out of this world time by doing the above and come back refreshed and a little clearer perspective about why and how the insanity that is going on around me.
I hope I got through? When I read it, it sounds like rambling but there is something in there that I am trying to say that maybe didn't make it in. Enough... Thanks for reading.. Z