Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the best beep and dig machine(s) you have ever owned or still owned?

Dirtdigger33

I know there is a thread on this beep and dig forum about what has been your number one detector in years passed, but because this is a beep and dig forum I would like to know which beep and dig machine has been your favorite(s) and why? I have been detecting for 16-17 years now and I know that may not seem like a lot to some of you veteran detectorists out there but it amazes me. Some hobbies come and go but this is a hobby I will do until it is just impossible for various reasons. I have owned only Tesoro’s in the beep and dig detectors. I have 4 now that I don’t think I will part with. I am already kicking myself for selling a Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax. I have not seen a Silver Umax up for sale since then. My favorites are my two compadres and my Eldorado. I would like to own a beep and dig Fisher M-Scope in the 1200 series some day. I would also like to own a Tesoro Lobo some day too. What is your beep and dig dream detector of all time? Mine would be a Tesoro Piranha because it was a one knob wonder like the Compadre but it was waterproof. Man I would love to have one of those but there were not may made by Tesoro and I have never seen one for sale anywhere. I guess you could water proof one yourself with a waterproof rafting lock box. Anyway. Good luck and HH.

Deep and dig detectors will find more in the long run as too many depend on the meters and such. One of the best for me is the Shadow X5 I still have and another one I found that seem good for me is the Tejon Tesoro I had tried. A great one some will say is a hard one to use, but once you learn it it is a excellent beep and dig is the Minelab Sovereign, to me anyway, as you set it up and really dont have to lower any setting, just swing the coil slower and listen close to the different tone. Over all for a quick detector as it has great depth, faster swinging of the coil would be the X-5, so this is the detector I use to check out a area. Most of the gold rings were found with the beep and dig detectors as it seem like you dig more.

Rick

@Dirtdigger33 your question is a tough one for me, the reason being is I have five beep and digs and I absolutely love all five of the ones i currently own

if I had to list my favorite it would be both of my Golden Mask detectors the Golden Mask 7 and the Golden Mask 4 WD and that is only based on they are my two deepest beep and digs that I currently own and that is only because I have larger coils for both of those two detectors

I also own a Troy Shadow X5 I run my X5 with a 7 inch concentric coil and it still gets really great depth with the 7 inch concentric, I read so many reviews before I actually purchased my X5 saying how the X5 was to unstable on mineralized ground that I almost passed on the deal I am glad I did not I have not had any of the issues with my X5 that was stated in the bad reviews, with the X5 i think a lot of the issues people seen was due to not understanding that the X5 has a 10 turn pot for the ground balance it took a bit for me to understand that also

My forth beep and dig is a Tesoro Vaquero i find the Vaquero to not be as deep as the first three beep and digs I mentioned but it is still plenty deep enough if you learn to super tune the Vaquero

my fifth Beep and Dig is a Deep Tech Vista X still a very good Beep and Dig, that I like equally as the other four the one and only reason I listed my Vista X last is because it is the heaviest of the Five beep and digs I currently own

As i stated your question is really hard for me to answer because I love all the beep and digs I currently own and I am always on the look out for different beep and digs that peak my interest to purchase

I am currently getting ready to purchase a new Golden Mask Beep and Dig called the Golden Mask 4Xtreme which supposedly the operating frequency is listed as Pulse-Width-Modulation supposedly a new tech that Golden Mask has been working on for the past three years

the one bad thing about purchasing a Golden Mask detector unless you can find them for sale the only avenue is to purchase directly from Golden Mask which is inn Bulgaria they have no U.S dealers and there are risk when purchasing from a manufacture directly that is in a foreign country and the Risk are not with that manufacture but with U.S Customs

I am also currently searching for a nice used Tesoro Tejon at a reasonable price and also a few other beep and digs that are no longer being produced also a Xp Gold Maxx Power, and a Golden Mask 3 + Power

As I stated I love the Beep and Digs they are just fun detectors to swing for me personally and still very capable detectors

Nautilus...from the LF to the 2b. They've filled my display cases.

I still have my first born, Shadow X2. There are always people looking foe the machine or coils. I have been tempted to sell but always seem to put the brakes on.
There was a big brew ha Ha when it cam out that it was nothing more than A Tesoro Silver Sabre in wolfs clothing. In fact, if you take the face plate off I believe it says Silver Sabre !!!
It was the best machine I could have pick to learn on. Light weight, 1- 9 volt battery that seemed to last forever. Spot on pinpointing and excellent separation.

I recently told a story of finding a HS ring sitting in the bottom of the hole. I couldnt get anymore leverage on Lesche and just looked in and there was this gold ring. Im sure compared to the machine today, it wasnt a depth demon but it sure did find the good stuff. I found my very 1st gold ring within 3 weeks of ownership. It was a huge men's signet ring. Two diamond
tennis bracelets. It paid for itself in no time. Since there was no meter, I, to this day, still hunt by sound. My Deus control units stay in my pocket !!!

KISS...Keep it simple, stupid !!!!

HH
Donna

I'll never part with my Sovereign GT.
Best beep and dig ever.
I'm also loving my Tesoro Mojave.
The least expensive machine I ever owned.
Much lighter than the Sovereign.
And best in the nails I've ever used.
Followed by the Compadre.
It's just a Fun machine.

I know there is a thread on this beep and dig forum about what has been your number one detector in years passed, but because this is a beep and dig forum I would like to know which beep and dig machine has been your favorite(s) and why? I have been detecting for 16-17 years now and I know that may not seem like a lot to some of you veteran detectorists out there but it amazes me. Some hobbies come and go but this is a hobby I will do until it is just impossible for various reasons. I have owned only Tesoro’s in the beep and dig detectors. I have 4 now that I don’t think I will part with. I am already kicking myself for selling a Tesoro Silver Sabre Umax. I have not seen a Silver Umax up for sale since then. My favorites are my two compadres and my Eldorado. I would like to own a beep and dig Fisher M-Scope in the 1200 series some day. I would also like to own a Tesoro Lobo some day too. What is your beep and dig dream detector of all time? Mine would be a Tesoro Piranha because it was a one knob wonder like the Compadre but it was waterproof. Man I would love to have one of those but there were not may made by Tesoro and I have never seen one for sale anywhere. I guess you could water proof one yourself with a waterproof rafting lock box. Anyway. Good luck and HH.
I've had some really good beep and dig units over the past 30+ yrs...ie. fisher x1236, whites coinmaster III ( small black box ) but the best I think was the tesoro silver saber umax with the troy s-9 coil attached to it.. That combo is probably scarcer then hens teeth today. DAMM, sure wish I still had it.

Mark ( ohio )

I've had some really good beep and dig units over the past 30+ yrs...ie. fisher x1236, whites coinmaster III ( small black box ) but the best I think was the tesoro silver saber umax with the troy s-9 coil attached to it.. That combo is probably scarcer then hens teeth today. DAMM, sure wish I still had it.

Mark ( ohio )
Here ya go Mark. My Troy X2 with9" coil. Unfortunately the cable plastic is starting to crack

HH
DonnaNJ

Attachments

• E09B55B6-694A-4B3F-B0B6-82B53D624045.jpeg
    E09B55B6-694A-4B3F-B0B6-82B53D624045.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 22F79227-5D20-473D-857B-85E7854E8788.jpeg
    22F79227-5D20-473D-857B-85E7854E8788.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Among the 4 detectors I owned, incl. an Etrac...the machine with the fewest errors (indicate one thing, find another) was a Minelab Vanquish 440. Very lite, very simple...surprisingly accurate.

Nautilus...from the LF to the 2b. They've filled my display cases.

Mark ( ohio )
When I was new to detecting I acquired a new looking Silver Silver Saber Umax with the 8” round brown donut coil. Man that was a great machine. Like an idiot I sold it and still regret selling it to this day.

Nautilus DMC2b And DeepTech Vista-X , Both Hands Down Deepest Ever Used!!!!!!!!!!
I know you are a deep tech groupie but if you ever get a chance to try a Golden Mask 4WD or a Golden Mask 7, you should take the opportunity to do so, they will surprise you, on just how deep they are and just how good they are at unmasking targets as well as just how quick their recovery speed is, yes the Vista X is a great detector also, but don't sell other Manufactures from the same country short, because their detectors are just as good and in a lot of ways better detectors than the Deep Tech detectors.

I am getting ready to place another order for another Golden Mask detector that they have just came out with and I suspect it will be even better than the two Golden Mask I already own

Nautilus DMC2b And DeepTech Vista-X , Both Hands Down Deepest Ever Used!!!!!!!!!!
I still have the 2b. That thing is sensitive on really small targets too. I dug what I thought was a buckshot...nope...turned out to be a ball button, shank intact! I've been looking at the Vista X too!

I’ve heard great things about the Xp Gold Maxx Power and have wanted one but haven’t seen any for sale in years. Nokta had a b&d model that looked very impressive but they discontinued it.

^ boy I know that feeling. I can only imagine how much money I hid and forgot about. I used to find wads of cash that I forgot about. A gal I worked with started volunteering to come clean my house when I told her about it each time. I said start looking under the dirty dishes.
My brother did the same. When we were hunting he had a weird look on his face after he fired his shotgun. He thought he remembered hiding some cash in the barrel!

Last edited:
^ boy I know that feeling. I can only imagine how much money I hid and forgot about. I used to find wads of cash that I forgot about. A gal I worked with started volunteering to come clean my house when I told her about it each time. I said start looking under the dirty dishes.
My brother did the same. When we were hunting he had a weird look on his face after he fired his shotgun. He thought he remembered hiding some cash in the barrel!
That's why there's Still nice caches hidden.
So many forgot where they left them.
Not forgetting those who came thru the great depression. Many died before passing on the information to family and Loved one's.
I'd guess there's a few million to be found.
See a house being torn down.
Scan it and the grounds around it.
Thank me later
Good Luck !!!

That's why there's Still nice caches hidden.
So many forgot where they left them.
Not forgetting those who came thru the great depression. Many died before passing on the information to family and Loved one's.
I'd guess there's a few million to be found.
See a house being torn down.
Scan it and the grounds around it.
Thank me later
Good Luck !!!
Add one more sentence to this thread............................................ Keep your damm mouth shut if ya do indeed find a cache. !!!!