Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHAT IS A ED-180 DIS RANGE ????

They call him Speedy Gonzolas:detecting:
2-15c.jpg

HH,

what you mean. If a detector has an ED of 120 phase it incorporates a certain level of discrimination at its lowest (minimum) discrimination setting whereas a detector with an ED 180, at it lowest discrimination setting, incorporates no discrimination.

In theory any detector in All Metal has no discrimination and therefore will signal on all ferrous objects (nails, small pieces of iron, etc.) irregardless of re-tune speed and whither or not it is motion based or non-motion based.

The graph illustrated indicates the lowest level (180 degree phase) that a detector in discrimination will yield an audio response. If the detector design limits it to a 120 degree phase it would eliminate/discriminate (again it theory) all objects below the 120 degree phase on the corresponding chart indicated by the left side of the chart.

Too further confuse the issue on some TID detectors the phase response, in discrimination, can be thought of to be a wheel (360 degrees) rather than a 180 degree phase and a -95 VDI response, which would in theory would be a ferrous object, could be a coin that because of the "wrap around" theory reads as a negative due to ground matrix, depth, etc.
The positive thing here is we don't require this determination on the Tesoro.
Pap

This was cut and pasted from a kind of lingthy post. The post also talks about the nail test I used earlier. Here is a link to the entire post.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,607940,608744#msg-608744

[Monte quote]
Last month, for example, I visited one of the more annoying pea gravel filled playgrounds around. Fortunately, we have ample wood products supply so most of them are filled with bark chip, wood chip, shaved wood, or some other form of wood product. But we do have a few around that have fairly good gravel, and some that are just downright 'nasty bad' gravel. To express a point to a fellow who carries Tesoro

I'll be doggone if I know, but if it's created by Tesoro, it's got to be good!!