Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What I would like to know is what do targets on edge look like on the freq. screen and on the analyse screen that has to with the sizing of the target

Tinfoil

I understand the part about different freq's, mineralization, trash, and all the things that affect Depth and ID affecting targets. Perhaps some pics of some targets on edge. Air test, dirt test, I am not particular. No I don't have a Vision. Money is not the problem. I am just not sold yet. I ran a XLT for 6 years and a DFX for 5 years they are gone. I have Whites tone ID 6000XLPRO a MXT along with 15 other detectors. I am concerned only with depth, correct ID at dept, what the deepest you personally have dug the good target in YOUR AREA, separation of targets in the trash and Iron trash. I am really interested in the Freq. analyse screen and how I can use it and the freq screen in tab and jewelry ID. Relic and coin hunting are secondairy hunting to me in that order. All who own a Vision I would appreciate your comments. Thanks in advance. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Tinfoil said:
I understand the part about different freq's, mineralization, trash, and all the things that affect Depth and ID affecting targets. Perhaps some pics of some targets on edge. Air test, dirt test, I am not particular. No I don't have a Vision. Money is not the problem. I am just not sold yet. I ran a XLT for 6 years and a DFX for 5 years they are gone. I have Whites tone ID 6000XLPRO a MXT along with 15 other detectors. I am concerned only with depth, correct ID at dept, what the deepest you personally have dug the good target in YOUR AREA, separation of targets in the trash and Iron trash. I am really interested in the Freq. analyse screen and how I can use it and the freq screen in tab and jewelry ID. Relic and coin hunting are secondairy hunting to me in that order. All who own a Vision I would appreciate your comments. Thanks in advance. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

You have 18 detectors? Am I doing the math right? Wow :biggrin:

Your right anyway,,,,

He will soon have 18...... lol..

i am sure Tinfoil will try a vision... no doubt in my mind..:detecting:

You will get the answer, hope someone shoots a vid of all 3 screens...

I wonder if the 22.5 hits better on a coin on edge, might be as we allways find more coins on edge with higher freq detectors...

a lot easier to find and ID. You just got to know what they are hitting at and what they look like on the different screens. Like what is the width of the target on edge of a pull tab (some of the common ones), coins, buttons,rings. Just some of the common stuff. Does the height, width of the target stay the same if it is on edge or does it change when it is flat on both the screens, Analyse, ID screen (freq screen) What width of audio do you get on the same target be it a coin, ring, button, pull tab, when it is flat or on edge in Discriminate, all metal, VCO Pinpoint. I mean you have a excellent machine here and all the info. is right there to look at with the swing over a target with audio or the push of the trigger. Is this type of thing to much of a question to ask. When you are a jewelry hunter like I am these type of questions are important. Coins are fun to find but jewelry and relic's pay for these machines faster. Maybe I should not lurk and hunt so much and post more. Then I could get my questions answered. I am old (65) and I hunt everyday I can. I read a lot of the posts on the different machines on Find Mall as I have 90% of them. The fun part of so many detectors is picking the one I am going to hunt with today and trying to remember each of their quirks. My time is spent on reading and hunting not posting. Anyway I would really appreciate it if I could get some answers to these questions. May All Your Days Be Filled With Gold. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

On the show video I posted they did pass one coin past coil on edge and it was a more narrow spike on graph,Ray.

Someone will get them for you. A lot of us are getting or getting ready for a lot of snow and rain in the next few days. The actual in ground testing will have to wait for some of us. I think air testing would not be the same as ground testing, but might give you an idea though.

I think you will like this Tinfoil..

View the video called 3x3 on this link..

http://whiteselectronics.com/all-about-vision.html

Gives me the impression we can get good info about coins on edge....

Hi Jerry,

Well, remember most of us just gor a Vison only a few days ago. Not too many out there yet. And I. for one, am working seven days a week at the moment. You'll get your answers but please be patient. Good to see you here though.

My problem right now is that if I can just get myself a free hour I want to just go use the Vision. I did pass a coin on edge under the coil a few times and the DD coil seems to hit it on edge darn near as well as flat.

I've aleady decided the Vision fits my style of jewelry detecting. But I am less concerned than you over various details as I have lots of places to hunt, and little competition. Time is my biggest obstacle. I know you are really good at what you do as you do have time to do it every day. If you ever do get your hands on a Vision I think your opinion would very interesting indeed.

Steve Herschbach

I will post why these questions are so importunate to me later. Right now my Sweetie wants to go eat. I so I got to please here so I can go hunting any time I want. she of course gets her pick of the jewelry I find. I am looking forward to what you guys find out on the questions I asked. Maybe when they get a rainy day it can be done. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

I know you and some of the other guys can see how inportant these questions really are. I know some it is not important. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

I also want to know if the target width shrinks on the center trigger sw. Position and if the freq. changes when you go from passing a flat target vise one on edge. See where I am going with this. All of this is important when hunting jewelry and relic's. That video does tell you a lot though and is help full. Thanks HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

One of my test targets is an on edge Merc at 6" +/- near some iron. Most any machine will hit it swinging East/west but it reads as a quarter most of the time regardless of the machine used. The threshold based relic machines will get it in a full circle even at minimum sens. The Advantage with 8" DD hits it east/west but on a N/S sweep the dime "moves" about 4-5" to the northeast! :lol:

It would be a hoot to see what the analyze screen shows from different sweep angles. Oh yeah BTW the DFX was a poor shower on the dime.

Maybe Carl will send me a Vision to check out this moving target! :rofl:

Tom