Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do you do for a hobby when the weather is nasty outside? ...........

will try that, yes the youtube works, but no sound, will keep plugging away...I find it difficult to keep up with this stuff..

but safe to do. Just type in services.msc and try it. I had to do that once with my sound after a reboot and it worked, no guarantees though and it won't do any harm. Make sure you select Windows audio.

the way Iook at it is very few found coins are worth anything more than bullion price, back then roughly a dime was worth a dollar and a silver half worth 2.50 or so. It might be different now though but some of those guys would get all bent out of shape when I would clean my finds.

I would tell them that once I find them they belong to me and if I wanted to spray paint them yellow or sand blast them it was ok. I could always look for key dates but they are very rarely found around here. Heck I told a guy that a great way to clean the encurstration off coins and I will tell you, silver out of the water is black and some times heavily crusted. Actually it is junk. Anyway I told them that I would take that stuff and duct tape it to the tires of my truck and drive to town. the spinning tires would bust the stuff off and they would be nice and shiny by the time I got home, if they were still on the tires.

The dang fools believed me and had a hissy fit. I do believe I can do what I want with the things though. I would never do it to a key date but the rest is just fun to find and never will be worth much. I did use that burner trick on an 1852 silver half that was a mess and by the time I got finished with it it looked like a silver slug. :D I posted a before and after for them just to pizz them off.

With the weather as it is right now, when I am not caring for Alice, I will go down to the beach and look for arrowheads.

But when it is truly cold, look for me in the shop!!

Calm seas

Micheal

I never got into the coins, unless really old and in nice shape. The first few years, I would just toss them all in my cartridge tumbler
for my guns and let them tumble. I'm sure that didn't help the value to much but they were shinny like I wanted them. Like you, I do with them as I please. I did want a few gold ones, the inverse Indian ones, so I would turn all the clad into cash at the end of the year and buy them off of ebay. I have the full collection the $2.50 ones, and some others. My thought was like every thing else, once I bought them I would trip over the suckers........ so much for that plan, didn't work either. But the price of gold has gone up well so I did fine.

George-Ct

systems here. Vista Premium on one, and dual boot on XP Pro and Window 7. I could get stuck with either of them and not be upset about it. All work fine on these systems. Most of my problems left when I built the new systems with new ASUS mother Boards and lots of ram, 8 gig on Vista system and 4 gig on the other. Any of the newer boards, of name brand boards should do fine.

I'm been helping out the neighbors install Windows 7 here. Most have older system and so the RTM versions of Win 7 don't always work to well... The ones that went ahead and got the upgrade to XP seem to do fine even with the old board so maybe they include more drivers etc for the older boards. No big deal to put in a new mother board in desktops. Laptops are just to small for my eyes and patients anymore. Win 7 seems to have grabbed the best of XP and Vista and merged it. I have both the 32 bit and the 64 bit Windows 7. Not many writing for the 64 bit YET but that will change, especially in the games, which I don't play much of anymore. I would think the movie folks will jump all over the 64 bit later also and animated movies.... Otherwise, 32 bit does it for my uses. All my radio software and gps stuff was written for 32 bit so kept it dual boot. Easy enough to jump between the two.

I stuck with the Windows platform because there was more software available out there and at the time more folks with free time to write it on company time. Apple, Mac works fine also as they don't offer a big selection of software but what they offer, is well tested and works. I just didn't like working between the too different OS. Kinda like Ubutu...just different enough to make me feel like I was just starting over again. Heck, change my keyboard and Its like I have 4 thumbs...just that little difference...

Finally got a little free time here, raining today.

Geo-CT

most of it comes from the group that liked the old way of open source shareware and Mr Gates messed that up. Heck I was happy at the dos prompt. Gates kinda crowded them all out. Can't blame him, as it sure made it easier for business folks... But Microsoft became the target of all these kids growing up with this stuff and they can pretty much get into anything and do just to show Microsoft they can. The more they tried to keep them out, the more they jerked with him. If there was an opening, they found it. I suspect he hires them on for software R& R as he catches them now....

My older son worked for the Hartford Corrent Newspaper and they used mostly Apple, but at the time they had the better graphics. I don't see that big difference now. But Apple has its following for sure. They warranty well, but then at the prices they get for their gear, they should, its almost double on many of the laptops.... yet in the electronics part, they fail just as often from what I see.

George-CT

I like the rain - it drives the tourists off of the beach and out of my way. I'm wearing a wetsuit anyway so the fact that it is raining doesn't bother me one bit; I'm up to my chin in the waves anyways.

I use a hookah and don't want to bother people with the hose and I also don't want them bothering me. I hit the beach on a bad day or very early in the morning

New here.
Even down South here, we have bad days. Then it is shopping on E-Bay. I like to go to the Roman autions to bid on items. Bid low, and sometimes you get a bargain. With Wal-Mart pay you can't afford to bid high. (G) To those who like to collect coins, there are quite a few on here.
Since bad weather comes around Thanksgiving, I stay in and write my annual Christmas story. I've written one for the last 27 years. Some sad, most happy. Some for the kids, and some adult stories also. This year is about Santa and a lost canary. Last year was about a jobless Dragon named Fred. I print up about 150 copies and give them out for folks to enjoy. Maybe I can post this year on this forum????
Have a great Holiday, everyone. Keep your coil to the ground!!

a small but outstanding group of folks here and you are again welcome:thumbup:
PS, please read the "Welcome to the story forum" above, it is to help new folks understand the forum.