Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what coil to get

wingizzmo

OK I got a gift certificate for xmass and I'm looking at coils I want a small coil for trashy spots . So I guess my question is do I get the 5.3 or the 4x6 anyone out there try both ? and what does one have over the other ?

I have the 5.3, it's exceptional for pinpointing, and working in extreme trash. I picked a nice silver broach next to a steel fence this year with that little coil.
Also it has very good depth sensitivity, I also picked some older coins at 8 inches no problem. I was picking coins next to bottle caps as well. Part of that is the V3, but I really like the 5.3 coil. There are lots of earlier posts on this forum that discuss this same topic, and I'm sure there are still the same number of opinions as posters.

I think regardless of which one you get, you'll enjoy it. In my mind the coil you use that you have confidence in is the one you'll find the most stuff with just because you'll use it more. (I tend to bounce between the D2 and the 5.3 when I hunt)

My question to ya would be.What are you looking for in a small coil separation and depth or just separation in trash?The 5.3 will give pretty good dept and separation as to the4X6 not as great of depth but very excellent separation and the ability to get closer to big iron.5.3 concentric- 4X6 is DD. Hope this is what you want to know. H.H. Yazoo

Have them both, Love the 5.3 its a coin gettingand has nice depth, so far not too impressed with the 4x6, may have to keep at it, but like others said, works good along fences

It has good separation plus good coverage. I use the 6 x 10 most of the time in trashy area's. In extremely trashy area's either of the small coils are good. I personally like the 4 X 6 for tot lots and really trashy area's.
Steve

I would get the 4x6 over the 5.3 any day of the week... no second thoughts... 4x6 !!!!!! I have tried to like the 5.3 but it just does not do it for me.

JB

It must have a lot to do with your own ground type? If I'm doing a layered hunt and clearing out in high trash/good target producing spot, the 4x6 rules then. (Old mail box spots, concession stands etc...) I'd guess the 4x6 would be best for you.

I use the 5.3 way more than the 4x6....but most of my areas are moderate/lower high trash, higher EMI and light to moderate mineralization. Both coils have their place and can only be compared to each other to a point (and prove that less can be more).