Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Coil Selection should I Use with the SEF 10 X 12?

deltamann

I have been reading all of the posts regarding the SEF coils and the V3i. Very interesting. I bought the 10 X 12 SEF coil for my Fisher F-75 LTD and I can attest to it out performing the stock coil that it came with. I am hoping for the same with the SEF coil for my White's V3i.

I called White's and spoke to their engineering department and they advised to use the coil selection in the expert menu that corresponds to their largest coil on the menu.

What does everyone else think? Do you do the same? I have seen mixed reviews about the performance of the SEF coil as compared to the Stock 10 DD coil that the V3i came with.

I am hoping for the best. I just received the "White Coil" in the mail yesterday. They were on back order from Bulgaria.

Any thoughts?

I use the D2 setting since they are both 10" wide.

D2 coil setting :twodetecting::whites::cheers:

It won't affect anything but the depth reading. There is no performance effect. Just use the one that gives the closest reading to the actual depth.

Larry (IL) said:
I use the D2 setting since they are both 10" wide.

This is the way to go since the coil selection measures the speed at which the coil passes over a target from right to left.

I believe you will find that the depth reads are based on signal strength. By adjusting coil selection the machine now has coil information so can use a scale factor to apply to the incoming signal that should make the depth reading more accurate if you have the coil selection set to the coil you have on your machine.[attachment 220495 Untitled-1.jpg]