Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went for the V3 then . . .

You'll probably see a style change on the next top machine but Whites did investigate changing the whole pod style to the pod/pack configuration. People absolutely liked the metal box as being tougher quality. I prefer it as I'm very used to it and the balance is impeccable.

I cruise the other forums just to see whats up. People are all over the place on all machines and the one thing that is a fact....we all know what the good machines are and there are off base things written about everyone of them! Whatever you like... is best for you. Tech and interface wise, the V is heads above the others. That doesn't mean much to a guy who knows his other brand well and kicks butt with it though. A great machine can just be purchased....great use needs earned. The V bows me away every time I use it but just as I think I'm beginning to get it completely understood, I read a post from someone who takes a different approach and gets even better responsiveness. I don't feel pressured to get it all down ASAP cuz I'm enjoying the whole curve and my finds are good to great. Not like in the seventies for coins and silver but funner tech wise.

Thanks for all the replies, and all the very good information. By way of an update, I dropped by the dealer and checked out the V3 again. I took more time to feel the balance and weight of the detector. It sure is light, I think my hang up has been rooted in reconciling the past (big iron ) detectors with the current detectors of today like the V. I had a 1980-ish Garrett Deepseeker and still have a 1980-ish Garrett Groundhog. No, no vacuum tubes involved, but it is an industrial strength four 9V classic that will deflate your arm rather quickly. Your arm will demand a day off I promise that. A prior post reminded me of that.

I haven

E-Bay is a strang place.
I see a LOT of what I call UNDERCOVER DEALERS! You know..."My dad passed and we are selling off the stuff." Just have an open eye.

Jerry

All I can say about ebay is it worked for me, it was my first ever purchase through that service and I figure it saved me a few hundred bucks in the process. I was very concerned that I might get a "new" machine that was not as advertised, a risk for sure. But the gamble for me payed off, got the new machine, and it really was new, pefect actually had the santa package that I was able to use, I figured that what I saved just with the taxes warranted the immediate use of the santa clause :) With the new machine I had such a successful first outing with it, I decided to write it up and send it in to Whites, lucked out on that and received a $100 certificate for the story towards accessories. Now my wife really thinks I'm obsessed with it, and probably to a certain degree I am but I just love having a reason to get out into the parks,
and other areas to walk off a few pounds, and at the same time find a few fun trinkets. Now again it's been cold, and snowy and frozen ground is not diggable. But I know for sure that little toy is going with me on my warm weather business trips. In fact I'm trying to figure out if some foreign countries that I may visit allow them.
I saw an article some time ago on the beaches in asia being full of gold, and virtually virgin because this hobby is not practiced in those parts of the world. If I get to there
or any other places similar I might be able to actually test the theory. :)

Ya the whole e-bay thing freaked me out too. One seller was a 70 years old who said it was too much of a detector for him so he was selling it. However, if you look at the photos of the V3 one was photo shopped. Some of the face buttons were fuzzed out maybe to hide some damage?? I don't know if his son helped him out with the posting but it just didn't fit -- too much of a detector and yet this photo was doctored? Hmmmmm

I was going to go for the e-bay route but I couldn't muster the guts. Way to go Aurium, you-the-man.

I'm a V3 owner now, I bought it new last Friday. I'm going to pimp it out with some anodized screws :) Well I'm working with the V3 in the backyard going through the motions with some buried objects. I buried my wife

The nicest pimp out scheme I've seen recently was on the ETRAC forum one of the guys there made his own forearm rest, and had it powder coated some really cool color. It actually looked pretty nice. Me on the other hand, I think I'll just keep it stock..and work on my sleeper programs, under the hood. I'll keep the bling on some other toy..:) 'cause that's how we roll. :super:

my first detector was a Whites 6000DI pro in 1986 and didnt buy another one till the V3 came out
i love the fact that they still make housings out of metal and not everything is PLASTIC! that means a lot i think? and still the things get lighter some how? you should see what kind of shape my 6000 is in! you would think i just got it yesterday in the mail and its been to the beach hundreds of times

okay i will say i have also fell in love with Telsoro machines but dont have one only used one .......would love to have a pulse machine also

awolf10421 said:
my first detector was a Whites 6000DI pro in 1986 and didnt buy another one till the V3 came out
i love the fact that they still make housings out of metal and not everything is PLASTIC! that means a lot i think? and still the things get lighter some how? you should see what kind of shape my 6000 is in! you would think i just got it yesterday in the mail and its been to the beach hundreds of times

okay i will say i have also fell in love with Telsoro machines but dont have one only used one .......would love to have a pulse machine also

I love the 6000 machines, I also have a 6000 DI/Pro SL that has been flawless for years. It's a little dusty, but it performs excellent on coins and rings etc. I decided to do the upgrade to V3 because of the enhancements to the technology over my older machine, 3 frequency, and DD coil
and a few other nice features. Oh and the rechargeable batteries on the V3 easily outlast my bladder.