Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well time to go...

snh

It seems that since I did not give a glowing report on the F5 I am just going to get slammed for it...heree and there and in emails and such.

Hey guys...mine did not work....maybe it was just mine....could be....and lets hope it was. I have detected for 30 years and have used most models put out in the past 15-20 years...give or take. I know how to set one up, I know how to test for interference....I do this for a living (not detectors....other products though).....I have no reason to wish the F5 or any model to fail...if it fails it fails. When it fails it is not my fault...I did not build it...if you don't like it email Fisher...they sent it out. However I am not going to kiss anyones @ss just to make a few happy.

I see that one was used at the recent dig in the south and it worked fine. Well duhh...it was a hand selected dealer demo...of course it is going to worr...even FT is not that numb.....but it has no bearing on what will be shipped....although I hope it does........shoot I like the basic design of the dang thing.

Anyway enough grief for me...good luck....maybe you can find a butt licker to write a repport and gloss over the failures....then when you buy it and discover the kinks for yourself....you can take the loss when you have to pawn it off on someone else. I am tired of getting beat on while saving people money that would be ill spent..or at the very least and realy more to my point....giving you a heads up in case it happens to you. You see if it does.....now it has been documented for you by me and you have backup if you have to send it in.\

Good luck....time to take up knitting I think.

I had to send back a new Fisher because of some problems the other day , had to ship 3 DFX's until White's got it right, etc. etc..... Forums are not only for glowing reports but your personal experience with detectors good or bad... If you think this is bad, you should get on some of the photography forums and what the Nikon/Canon users go at it.... Hang in
there... and best to ya, Richard

you got a lemon!...when you opened the box,was the detector colored yellow?..if so,that in itself was a bad omen!

(h.h!)
j.t.

for all the work you did by posting all the info on the F5 good or bad. I know how it is to take the heat if a first impression is not as perfect as some would like it to see.

You bought one of the first Cabelas F5 and you took a chance by doing that. Hats up for that. I hope Cabelas sends the F5 back to Fisher to have them check it out.

You had the first F5 and it seemed not to work right and that worries me. I'll wait until the dealers get the F5 in and will closely watch what others write about it then.

I had problems with my first T2 but all other First Texas detectors i bought after that worked great and had some fresh ideas. ( F75, F4, F2 and Bounty Hunter Platinum).

I wouldn't give up on First Texas so fast, because they have pushed so many new detector on the marked that somewhen a problem can happen with a new unit. That happens in the car industry all the time.

Thank you,
Andy

As someone who is not brand loyal (I just bought my first Tesoro as a matter of fact) and likes to try different machines, I appreciate the time you took to let us know about your experiences! Who knows, you could have got a lone lemon, or maybe ALL early F5s are destined to the same trouble. We do know that YOURS was fubar, and that's enough for me. We'll just have to be patient and see how the others are.

I thank you for your report!

wayne

Good advice Richard !!

Scott I hope you stick around, I for one appreciated the effort and early insight into the F5, flawed or not.

I used to be a hard core PC fanatic (and a C64 fanatic before that). I had to have the latest and greatest hardware (and software), which usually meant that I was the R&D/Beta tester for whatever that device was. I had the very first Creative Labs Multimedia kit with (I kid you not) a single speed CD-ROM drive and....drum roll please, a STEREO 8-bit Sound blaster card that ran on Windows 286 on a 286 PC and it was plagued with issues, but they were eventually resolved. Believe me until I got out of the PC race a few years ago, I had it all, did it all, and spent countless hours troubleshooting other companies PC products, but I learned a lot, and played with some fantastic cutting edge products. When innovative companies push the envelope, there's bound to be bumps, be it from marketing schedules, software bugs, or other unforeseen events. I know how it works, I work for the largest networking company in the world, and am directly involved with manufacturing, engineering, repair, etc.

The F5 story isn't completed yet, with the ink barely dry on the first page written, it's far from over. There's bound to be a few bumps, and FT will fix them....let's give them the opportunity. I wouldn't base any opinion on a single report, there's no historical data to support an issue trend from a single incident. If you do, I have a "Jump to Conclusions" game (queue Office Space music) I'd love to sell you :devil:.

Hey buddy, I didn't see anything nasty to you. Perhaps these old eyes missed something. :)

No one I am aware of asked to have your post removed, and like I said, I didn't see any nasty one's to you. I do see a couple of clowns here trying to keep the flame burning though. :nono:

there are plenty of us who want to here the good and bad, im intrested in the f5, and would not feel right if all reviews were rosie, people have to review all posts to get a good feel for new equipment, i ts a bummer you have had such bad luck with first texas. i love my t-2, stick around. thompy

I know exactly what you are going through. Everybody is a critic. In this business, if you write a glowing report, they slam you and claim you are sucking up to the company. If you write a negative report, all the loyalists jump all over you. There is no happy middle for those us that write reports on machines.

Do what you do, say it like it is, tell your truth. No one can take that away from you. If these critics are so good, why arent they writing reports? Shake it off dude, we need your kind.

I thought you gave a good run down, as you saw it. :clapping:
Someone else might have given a similar version and said many of
the same things. :super:

AND it seems to me the F-2 has had some not so raveing reviews to the point that it is probably more problematic than the F-5,
in some peoples eyes. I can't wait to see what the reviews will be like for the F-70. They will either be good or else the *&$%# will hit the fan!:lol:

RR

Cal makes a good point.
I have to wonder how many bumps were in the road when Garrett came out with the Ace 250?
I wasn't on this forum back then and only recently discovered the Ace. I have one, but use my MXT most often.
If Garrett didn't have many machines returned, maybe it's because they took more time and care in their
product development and was careful NOT to try to puch the envelope too far. The jury is still out over the F5.
Opinions are opinions and yours are backed up with real time field experience. I for one am very greatful that people like you
and also Andy, not to forget to mention so many others, who have taken the time to test and inform us as to the realities
of these machines.

PS

There will be a special place for
you guys in MD heaven when the
time comes!:beers:

RR

I posted a not so glowing comparison on the F2 and the 250 after a request of a forum member here. Mostly I got slammed and had my post, pics and all, deleted. I did get a few positive PM's from some members who appreciated my candor, but I'm guessing they were afraid to post on here for fear of retribution. I like to hear all the good and bad, gives me something to work with before I lay my money down again. I wish I had read a bad review or two on the F2 before I spent my $200 on one, but everything posted said they were the best thing since sliced bread. All I know is, I'll never post my opinions of a comparison of 2 different brands again. Meanwhile, I'll keep reading the posts and enjoying the finds everyone makes cuz that's really the best part of this forum!!

I sold three detectors to get an F75. But I kept reading "IF YOU GET A GOOD ONE" I changed my mind. I still may get one later after the I hear better things. Some say they are great. I tried one out one afternoon. I did not like the 11" DD coil as the only coil. Now they have a small coil I may try another one.....Jack

I was the first one in my area to get a DFX. Everything was wrong with it. White's had me a new DFX the very next day. ....Jack