Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We have had guests from Victoria for the last few days... But we did get out and play for a while.. sooooooo..... a few shots of our area [with one ra

Micheal_R

Staff member
We went out to Burton for a mornings walk and arrowhead hunt. We did not find anything since we spent more time walking and talking. But through the morning mist, we saw this tug emerge while pulling a few loads of logs.

[attachment 51535 tug-fog-001.jpg]

[attachment 51536 tug-fog-002.jpg]

After the mist lifted, we continued the walk and saw this river otter gamboling in the lake. While the picture is not the best, you can see him. He is sitting on a submerged stump and staring at me

[attachment 51537 otter-002.jpg]

Then, while traveling over the hill to get hay yesterday, I saw something I have never seen before. I came around a corner and saw a grizzly dragging something[?] across a frozen lake. I was so stunned that by the time I stopped the truck [with the two tons of hay on it], found a safe place to pull over, and got out to take the picture, the grizzly had fled. But he left this black bear carcass on the lake surface. I would guess that he will be back by now. Sorry if it offends. Royal/Ray... if there is a problem, just delete it.

[attachment 51538 macintyre-bear-006.jpg]

Fair winds

Calm seas

M

Please get rid of that snow :D We are getting a bit of freezing rain right now:thumbdown:

I can not wait to join you folks

didn't know Griz attacked and ate other bears unless they were young. My dad always said the way to tell a Griz from any other bear was to climb a tree. If the bear climbed up after you, it wasn't a Griz. The Griz would just pull up the tree! :rofl:

Kinda early so i'm thinking Mr Grizz caught that Blackie sorta dopey.
I imagine that those Tugs need to know the Lake real well to tow logs, not much room for error in some areas.

slow he might have gotten a picture of them both:poke:

are the beaches around the lake made up of clay,sand or gravel?hard to tell,the otter looks like he's killing time or sunning,but i guess he's fishing.

The bear, well thats how the food chain works. Ever have any problems with bears around the horses?

George-CT

Just terrific pics ! A question Mike ?......What the heck do you do if you see one of those bears while out arrowheading ?? That's an unbelievable pic......and a spooky thought !:thumbup:

The bear is on McIntyre Lake [frozen]. The valley has pretty much no snow. :)

Got your Vids today. Looks great. Thank you Bud!! Will call you later in the week

Fair winds

M

n/t

n/t

n/t

They run and yap, and dart everywhere that the bears become confused and do not know which way to turn. The only thing left is to run, dogs in hot pursuit. :)

fair winds

M

But they were a fair distance away so no problems there. But my main concern is when I go out picking blueberries. Then I carry a .38 with me to be sure. :)

And I am certain I do NOT see more than you. :lol: I just happened to have the camera at that time. :)

Sunny skies

M

n/t

How big do you estimate the Grizzly to have been? I sure wish that you could have gotten a picture of the Grizzly.

How deep does the water have to be for those boats to float without getting grounded? Thanks for posting the pictures.

How is Alice doing? Is she now home? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)