Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VORTEX 7 VS. VORTEX 9

C.J.M.

What is the main difference between the Vortex 7 and 9?what is the difference in price?If you plan on not doing any water hunting seems like the Vortex 7 would be the choice ?Would appreciate some feed back :please:

I would just get the VX9. I got a feeling Garrett is going to offer another upgrade option for only the ones who own the VX9. This of course is my opinion thou.
1000000445.jpg

I have a feeling you may be correct @KSDfisher77, I honestly have a feeling Garrett may come out with 2-4 more upgrades with in 3-6 months after the Vortex hits the market for sale just because there are to many people out there making a big deal out of the Lack of settings that the Vortex is coming out with, instead of first seeing how the Vortex will perform at first, the key thing for me with this new Vortex is the Lack of available settings, that's what has pushed me to go ahead and give the VX9 a try is the lack of a bunch of settings, i am one that does not like to mess with a bunch of hidden settings and features in a detector.

@C.J.M. if you look at the specs for each there is quite a bit of difference between each Vortex, mainly in available frequencies that can be ran in single frequency operation as well Multi operation as well as the available search modes and the difference in the Target ID scales and the different amounts of Tier levels, other than what I have mentioned there really is no differences in the three Vortex models

its going to be an interesting detector to give a swing

Last edited:
I have a feeling you may be correct @KSDfisher77, I honestly have a feeling Garrett may come out with 2-4 more upgrades with in 3-6 months after the Vortex hits the market for sale just because there are to many people out there making a big deal out of the Lack of settings that the Vortex is coming out with, instead of first seeing how the Vortex will perform at first, the key thing for me with this new Vortex is the Lack of available settings, that's what has pushed me to go ahead and give the VX9 a try is the lack of a bunch of settings, i am one that does not like to mess with a bunch of hidden settings and features in a detector.

@C.J.M. if you look at the specs for each there is quite a bit of difference between each Vortex, mainly in available frequencies that can be ran in single frequency operation as well Multi operation as well as the available search modes and the difference in the Target ID scales and the different amounts of Tier levels, other than what I have mentioned there really is no differences in the three Vortex models

its going to be an interesting detector to give a swing
Yep I think Garrett has got something else up their sleeve. I should just order a vx9. I myself see alot of the Whites V3i in the new Garrett, but in a more user friendly package. I know for 1, once it's in hands of someone like you we will all know what to expect from it.

Yep I think Garrett has got something else up their sleeve. I should just order a vx9. I myself see alot of the Whites V3i in the new Garrett, but in a more user friendly package. I know for 1, once it's in hands of someone like you we will all know what to expect from it.
The VX9 is a no brainer for me because I do not want to have to install a upgrade rite out of the gate, There is only $150 difference in price between the VX5 and the VX9 and only a $65 price difference between the VX7 and VX9, it just was not worth going through the hassle of having to upgrade to the next Level so I just elected to put in my order for the VX9

I will tell you this if it performs well everyone will get that from me but if it performs like crap they will also here that from me, i am not one that will blow smoke up someones butt in hopes of getting something from a manufacture for free, I am loyal to no manufacture

I just hope it performs well on the ground i detect because I have a room full of detectors that will not, and I sure do not need another detector setting here collecting dust I have enough of that type of detector and a few of those are high end expensive detectors, I will know with in a day or two once I run it over my almost three year old test bed, once the Vortex is delivered to me which I am hoping is at least by the end of this month

@KSDfisher77 one of the dealer sponsors here on Finds is who I have placed my order with for a VX9 if you want to know whom that is I can PM you the info of who I went through, I do know that dealer has ordered at least 4 VX9s and I am first on his list to receive my VX9 as I have already paid him for my VX9

Let me know

@KSDfisher77 one of the dealer sponsors here on Finds is who I have placed my order with for a VX9 if you want to know whom that is I can PM you the info of who I went through, I do know that dealer has ordered at least 4 VX9s and I am first on his list to receive my VX9 as I have already paid him for my VX9

Let me know
Thanks. Lol I know your hook-up man. I might quiz him a bit.