Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

VISION V3 PROBLEMS

HAGEMIER1

I HAVE OWNED AN XLT, DFX, MINELAB EXP, AND MINELAB SAFARI. I BOUGHT ONE OF THE FIRST VISIONS AND IT IS BOUT TO GET THE BEST OF ME. AS I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM WAS THERE A RECALL ON SOME OF THE 1ST VISIONS? I HAVE BEEN READING BOUT THE V3I UPDATE BUT DID NOT WANT TO SPEND ANYMORE MONEY ON THIS MACHINE IF ITS NOT GOING TO BE 90% BETTER THEN IT IS NOW. ITS VERY CHATERY AND IT DOES NOT SEEN TO GROUND BALANCE VERY GOOD. I HAVE TIRED DIFFERENT COILS AND DONE EVERYHING THAT I COULD THINK OF. HEAD TO HEAD THE SAFARI IS DOING A MUCH BETTER JOB. AS I SAID ITS ONE OF THE FIRST VISIONS. IT DID NOT EVEN COME WITH THE MANUAL OR CD. THEY WAS MAILED BOUT MONTH LATER. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD AT LEAST ONE WHITES DETECTOR BUT NOW IM THINKING THE ETRAC MIGHT BE THE WAY TO GO. THANKS FOR THE HELP. NEW TO FORUM BUT DETECTING FOR 30 YEARS

Do the coil test at the top of the forum first then let us know. Rob

I HAVE DONE THAT. I HAVE TRIED MOST EVERYTHING THAT'S BEEN POSTED HERE. WITH THE DETECTOR ON A WOOD TABLE ,COIL OVER HANGING AT LEAST 2 FOOT FROM TABLE THE VID# JUMPS, DEPT# JUMPS, AND TONES BEEPING IN AND OUT WITH NO MOTION OR ANY ELECT. INTERFERENCE. I HAVE TRIED COIN, COIN JEWERY, BEACH AND OTHER MODES. SAME PROBLEM. I HAVE GROUND BALANCED IT AND JUST TURNED IT ON AND TRIED IT. SAME THING. I HAVE ALSO USED THE 12 INCH COIL THAT I BOUGHT FROM WHITES. SAME PROBLEM. IM USING THE DD COIL THAT CAME WITH THE DETECTOR RIGHT NOW.

You can not ground balance inside.......no ground to balance to. Plus the V3 does not like to behave very well around electrical wiring like in your house. It sounds like you have the RX gain and Sensitivity too high even in the factory programs for your environment. I might suggest starting with very low RX , maybe 4 and the Sensitivity at 60. If your coil tests out good and you still have problems after ground balancing outdoors away from electrical wiring, you might have to send it to White's and see if it has some other problems. I would also suggest getting the Ver 1.0 upgraded to 1.3 if that is what you have. You might also want to consider the V3i upgrade while you are at it. If you decide the V3 is not for you, you will get much more for it when it comes time to sell it.

I might also suggest turning your CAP'S off to make your post much easier to read. Typing in Capital letters is considered shouting.

SORRY BOUT THE CAPS. ARTHRITIS IN FINGERS MAKES THE SHIFT KEY HARD TO HIT. I WAS GROUND BALANCING IT OUTSIDE ON PICNIC TABLE. SORRY I CONFUSED YOU. IT APPEARS PCHOP HAS THE SAME PROBLEM AS I HAVE. HIS VIDEO HITS THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. MINE IS DOING THE SAME AS HIS IS DOING. JUST NOT GROUND BALANCING. HE NEVER DID POST HOW HE SOLVE THE PROBLEM THOUGH. AGAIN THANKS FOR THE HELP. LOOKS LIKE I MIGHT BEEN SENDING IT BACK TO WHITES FOR PROBLEM SOLVING AND UP GRADE.

Are you anywhere near a White's dealer who might be able to help you? Or maybe another V3 user might be nearby to offer assistance. Where are you located?

I hate to see you send it in if it isn't a problem. As Anne said in the video, his detector looks like it is ground balancing but has external noise. Please, give us your settings.

I've got two spots I have mentioned before where my detectors sound like the video. By this I mean my V3, MXT, and even my IDX. The thing both sites have are some kind of towers. Did you try Larry's lower suggested settings? How does frequency offset and correlate affect the pulsing. What about salt compensate with 22.5 frequency? If it is EMI a bigger coil will add to the problem, bigger antenna. Rob

Hagemier1, there were some calibration issues with some of the early Visions.Taterhead had the same problems your having with his vision and Whites made it right.:thumbup:

You haven't stated whether or not your reduced the RX Gain and Disc Sens, and by chance if it's EMI - using the frequency offset can help reduce outside interference. Sometimes in order to get a good ground balance in bad ground you need to pump the coil at least 20-25 times. Also if there is a metal frame under the table that would interfere with the unit.

CALLED WHITES TODAY AND EXPLAINED THE PROBLEMS. WAS TOLD TO SHIP IT TO THEM SO ITS ON ITS WAY. I DO WANT TO EXPLAIN THAT THE DETECTOR DID GROUND BALANCE IN MY YARD AND THEN NEXT TIME WOULD NOT. I DID REDUCE GAIN TURNED OFF TX BOOST, TRIED STARTING DETECTOR IN DIFFERENT MODES BEFORE GROUND BALANCING. AGAIN EVEN WITH A GOOD GROUND BALANCE IT SEEM TO BE VERY UNSTABLE. IN COIN MODE ( FACTORY SETTINGS ) THE DETECTOR STILL JUMP AROUND WHILE DOING AIR TEST. NOTHING IN FRONT OF COIL OR CLOSE TO IT AND STILL JUMPED ALL OVER.
TURN IT OFF DONE BALANCE AGAIN THIS TIME WOULD NOT GROUND BALANCE.
ANYWAY ITS GOOD REASON TO GO AHEAD AND GET UP GRADE. IN THE MEAN TIME I HAVE MY MINE LAB.
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP. WHEN WHITES GETS BACK WITH ME I CAN POST WHAT THEY FIND OUT.
TELL THEN HH.!

yes! never jump the gun when a new toy comes out
and yes there is always bugs soo the v3i is a inprovement and you should send yours back for the updates

Yes, Tater and I both had to send out V3s in for similar reasons - glad to hear that White's is taking care of you, they certainly took great care of us. It can be very frustrating to have the kind of problems you're having and not be able to use your new toy properly.

Sorry about the arthritis in your fingers :( That's a real bummer.

Take care!

Nugget

Yeah. Another part of our problem was that our machines seemed underpowered. We could never see more than 4" and never made the connection that there might be something actually wrong when of our old Non-V MXT coils including the bigfoot worked just fine, even with Tx boost! :) Now I can't run my bigfoot with a gain of more than 7-8 most times and with my Stock coil I dig 8"+ on pulltabs (doh) when I hunt in all metal mode without boost.

Whites will take care of you, they have replaced 3 of my detectorsand I have my V3 headset that failed 3 weeks ago sitting at the factory and my Dual Field with a coil that filled with water going back as soon as they return my phone call. With complicated machines that seem to fail at a pretty high rate (4/6 perhaps 5/6 with my new V3 problems) its important to be with a company that honors their warranty. Our friend that runs a single detector from another well-regarded manufacturer says that he is on a 3 month waiting list for warranty repairs!!

Taterhead

MY VISION ARRIVED AT WHITES THIS MORNING. THEY R GOING TO DO THE UP GRADE AND CHECK OUT THE PROBLEMS THAT I WAS HAVING WITH IT. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW THE TURN AROUND TIME FOR THE UP GRADES AS I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE TIME LINE. WHEN I SENT IT IN I WAS TOLD I WOULD HAVE IT BACK THE 1ST WEEK OF MAY. LETS HOPE SO. ITS GETTING PRIME DETECTING TIME HERE IN INDIANA. HH HUNTING TO ALL!

Feel your pain regarding the V3.... I bought the DFX and have not turned the V3 on since. I found nothing very deep with the V3 while the DFX finds 6" to 8" range all day long. Today I found two silver washington quaters and an1802 draped bust penny. I think I am going to sell the V3.

HockeyBear said:
Feel your pain regarding the V3.... I bought the DFX and have not turned the V3 on since. I found nothing very deep with the V3 while the DFX finds 6" to 8" range all day long. Today I found two silver washington quaters and an1802 draped bust penny. I think I am going to sell the V3.

It's all about finding the machine that fits you best. Those are some nice finds!

HAGEMIER1 said:
MY VISION ARRIVED AT WHITES THIS MORNING. THEY R GOING TO DO THE UP GRADE AND CHECK OUT THE PROBLEMS THAT I WAS HAVING WITH IT. I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW THE TURN AROUND TIME FOR THE UP GRADES AS I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE TIME LINE. WHEN I SENT IT IN I WAS TOLD I WOULD HAVE IT BACK THE 1ST WEEK OF MAY. LETS HOPE SO. ITS GETTING PRIME DETECTING TIME HERE IN INDIANA. HH HUNTING TO ALL!

I saw you are (were) having problems with the V3. I am in Indiana also and have friends here that own V3s like myself that could help you out if you need it.

thanks for the offer. I'm just down the road in Columbus. i have a mine lab that I'm using right now. we need to hook up and do some detecting. i deal with wrays down in Freetown for detecting needs. i bought a safari from him and think i am going to up grade to the etrac. he has one on back order for me. the vision has been problem from day 1. i traded in a dfx to get it and sometimes I'm impressed sometimes not to impressed with the vision. anyway looks like lots of rain coming our way so if I'm stuck inside it don't matter anyway. I'm looking forward to getting the vision back and seeing how it compares to the mine lab. hope it does everything i hear people say it can. anyway hh.

Believe me it will...and more. With it tuned right it will be the only detector you will ever need.
I would be happy to go detecting with you when you get it back and show you some things on it. Heck, I will even take you to one of my hunting spots that produces silver from time to time.

I look forward to doing just that. I wonder how long its going to take to get it back. Any ideas? I really like whites products. Started off with the xlt and loved it. Traded up to the dfx and really liked it. Traded the dfx in on the Vision. Hoping the v3i meets my expectations. As of now I have not heard anything from Whites. Sure hope to next week.