Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Value of a pull tab

ronthebomb

Got up early to try and beat the heat and decided to go to a spot were a drive in theater was open from 1948 to 2002. Hunted just one time be for and do to the grass being so high didn't have much luck. But within the past day or two they tried to level out the parking berms and lightly disc ed the ground so you can just about dig with your hand, loving that. The only problem is tons of pull tabs I mean with the ground turned over you can stand anywhere in the 600 car parking area and your surrounded with them. With the soil being so dry and worked on I just chose the coin and jewelry program and dug everything because it was so easy to dig. After hunting a area of 100 sq ft or so all I had to show was bulging pockets of pull tabs, some foil, bottle caps. After a while I did notice most of the older tabs had a vdi of around 25 and the newer square tabs vdi 43 but generally the rang was all over the place.
I'm using the factory setting with good hard hits and no false chirps. I'm using the D2 coil and I do know I would be maybe better off with a smaller coil, Any advice is greatly appreciated and if anyone in this area of Herrin IL that wants to get together and hunt this place or some other place just let me know.

I've found the 5.3 coil to be perfect for those heavy pulltab infested areas. I regularly pick coins from between them and very close to them. alas you're going to dig some of them, but your coin success rate will go up dramatically.

Use Tone 0 on the common pulltab VDI's,

I would consider a drive in theater not a very good jewelry hunting spot, (most people are in there cars) The physical activity is really not there. yes you could maybe

find a Ring. Sorting though all those Pull Tabs, in a hunting spot with little horse play, that's a lot of work for little pay off.

I would only hunt for coins in that spot and cherry pick the higher VDI numbers.

Save the Pull Tab Range for Hunting Spots with known Physical horse Play and The jewelry will come your way.

I tried the hi trash program for Little while. I will try again next time out a little more aggressively. It just seemed like the factory settings where geared more tor ed the pull tab then the coins. I tried using hi trash setting on a dime that i placed a pull tab close to. The tab had to be at least 6" away before I got a signal from the dime. I have read where some how found junk right next to good stuff.

Man we couldn't be much further away from each other, living in the same state. Rob

A good trick is to accept all VDI #'s and assign a 0 or low tone to the VDI's that you do not want to hear. That way you do not shut off the audio when going over a rejected VDI. The high trash program is rejecting the tabs thus shutting off the audio or "nulling" over the tab and you can't hear the dime until the V recovers which is adjusted by the recovery delay. Try the same tab and dime in Hi Pro and again with all VDI's accepted.