Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i

The great thing about the V3i is that there are so many variable ways to set it up that it never gets old and you can create different detectors out of the same machine. It's a detector that you can own for many years and still never get bored with it. Plus it hangs right in there with the newer stuff and performs very well. It will go down in history as one of greatest metal detectors ever made in my opinion.

The great thing about the V3i is that there are so many variable ways to set it up that it never gets old and you can create different detectors out of the same machine. It's a detector that you can own for many years and still never get bored with it. Plus it hangs right in there with the newer stuff and performs very well. It will go down in history as one of greatest metal detectors ever made in my opinion.
I wish Garrett would make a lightweight one for us old farts. Hardly use my very nice Explorers and Sovereign GT anymore because of weight.
Though they still come out on special locations.

I wish Garrett would make a lightweight one for us old farts. Hardly use my very nice Explorers and Sovereign GT anymore because of weight.
Though they still come out on special locations.
Well odans maybe you'll get that wish. This new vortex maybe incorporates alot of the same features that the v3i had and maybe pushes the envelope a bit further.. I can't see a company ( any company ) bringing something new to the market that will just be mediocre at best. Just guessing a lot of back engineering from all competitors were looked at carefully and maybe pushed the envelope a tick or 2 more.

I'm hopeful. Mark ( ohio )

Well odans maybe you'll get that wish. This new vortex maybe incorporates alot of the same features that the v3i had and maybe pushes the envelope a bit further.. I can't see a company ( any company ) bringing something new to the market that will just be mediocre at best. Just guessing a lot of back engineering from all competitors were looked at carefully and maybe pushed the envelope a tick or 2 more.

I'm hopeful. Mark ( ohio )
Sure hope so.

The Whites Spectra V3i is most often more than any other detector as the most configurable metal detector; thus, earning the title of the only machine that will 'teach metal detecting' as a personal instructor. Practice the three P's: Patience is about waiting, waiting with an inner knowing that all will be well. Practice is about discipline, focusing with determination. Perseverance is about tenacity, the ‘never say die’ spirit. Keep these 3Ps close and you cannot fail in your endeavour! Many metal detectorist were more than ready to sling their V3i into a tree at a high rate of speed because of the arduous high learning curve. My analysis over the years is the ones who owned the V3i and practiced the three Ps went on to be awesom metal detectorists. Many had a machine in their hands worthy of being welcome as a personal instructor. The V3i still to this day has the most beautiful brilliant highly informative display. The metal detectorist(s) did not want to study the V3i pursuant to the three P's. Most of those accepted a metal detector that had multifunction simultaneous frequencies with 'very little' information displaying the functions; thus, one just had to guess what freq./kHz their metal detector had responded to below the coil. Ergo, many stated this machine is chatty! Imagine that! lol The machine is in multifunction/simultaneous and almost no information on the display. The V3i has a beautiful color-coded display also in the pinpoint function. Those who became irate with the V3i and wanted to sling it into a tree at a high rate of speed 'stopped' just short of doing so realizing that a fool and their money would soon separate. I still own my V3i and would never sell it! It is my best friend and personal instructor. I do believe Garrett may come out with a newer version of the V3i and possibly already has?

Leatherneck

I start i the Beach mode (works fine in the desert hahah). I make sure that I have Discrimination, filters, recovery, sensetivity, bottle cap reject on my "live search screen" so I can quickly adjust to the ground or my specific goals for the hunt. Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel