Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i. Problems with all metal channel.

spain64

Hello.Using all metal channel. Prospecting is my program basis. I modified frequency to 7,5hz and other minor changes. there are times when the machine runs at perfeccci

You are hunting in what looks to be basalt rock nugget hunting with a VLF detector...... That is the answer right there. You need a TDI. No vlf detector will be able to perform there because of the mineralization.

burlbark said:
You are hunting in what looks to be basalt rock nugget hunting with a VLF detector...... That is the answer right there. You need a TDI. No vlf detector will be able to perform there because of the mineralization.

I disagree with the above diagnosis due to the facts that

A) It is only a problem with the All Metal/ Pinpoint Modes

B) The problem occurs when the coil is held in the air as well as on the ground.

It seems to me that it is a defective unit. Have you tried each single frequency? I am curious if it is as bad in each frequency.

Neil in West Jersey said:
burlbark said:

I disagree with the above diagnosis due to the facts that

A) It is only a problem with the All Metal/ Pinpoint Modes

B) The problem occurs when the coil is held in the air as well as on the ground.

It seems to me that it is a defective unit. Have you tried each single frequency? I am curious if it is as bad in each frequency.

Actually it does not happen when he holds it in the air at least higher than 2ft and "when we can see the gain and disc setting".... He has the Disc at 50 in the one program SEF. That is super low and is why he can run it quieter.

I watched all 3 videos and in the other 2 dont get to see the gain and the most important in this case, disc sensitivity, What it is at in the other programs?

I have tried hunting in those mineral rich areas it is impossible with a vlf.

My head is spinning, I'm having a hard time following what he is doing. First I want to know when it is doing this and he moves to normal ground what are the results? If it performs as it should then it is site specific. If it does it in all locations his machine could have a problem, I doubt it. Until I get these results I'll wait.

What his changes are I don't know. These can be important. I just read a post where a guy's detector would work with BP filters but not HP filters (or the other way around.) He reloads the library program and all is well???? Long distance fixes are hard.

It looks to me like he's starting pinpoint up in the air - that won't work. He's holding it pretty still when it's going through it's fast track thing too. That's not going to give him good balance, he'd be better off manually balancing after every program change if he's not going to let the machine do so. He doesn't look like he is G/B as he is switching through programs. :stars: ROB

OK, I looked again and I hear the motor boating sound. I see the three frequencies spiking. The noise has to be coming from somewhere. Once it starts doing it move to a normal site and see what what the detector does.

Basaltic rock is not. is limestone. XLT works perfectly. The probe indicates low mineral. Frequency 22,5 is much worse. 2.5 is not solution. Three frequencies does a little better, but only with rx 5. And logically I lose all the depth. I can make a good balance, but the problem persists. If I move to the ground without rocks sometimes works better. I can even up the gain to 10. A mine. Impressive depth. I have to do more testing. But I think it is random. But Spain is rocky . Stabilization does not last long. Is that V3i can not work where the XLT if you can?. Is that possible?. Thanks

VIDEO where the machine is perfect:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHy3qtttqpM&feature=related

VIDEO PROBE NOISE/GROUND PROBE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSubysBF7LI

Is that V3i can not work where the XLT if you can?. Is that possible? [size=large]NO[/size]

Did you see what I said about pin pointing and G/B in my last answer?You need to do a manual G/B between programs. You aren't letting fast track do it's job. Read it carefully.

The big difference between Your XLT and V3i is [size=large]a concentric coil.[/size] This works better in noise. Set the V to 7.5 khz and you would be close to the XLT.

Of course I've tried to balance between programs does not work. My ground balance is manual, loctrac. It does not solve the problem. Do not use other programs. I care about only the general problem of machine. ROB watch the second video: Mode discrimination no problem, with pinpoint have problems. Why why this happens? as you explain this?. Concentric coil would solve the problem?. Using the frequency of 7.5 Hz in all videos. I'm baffled.

One more question ROB: You think my V is not defective?. I am happy to think that not a problem of my machine. I was very concerned...

If it will work in other locations then I don't think it is defective. You still have a problem with G/B if you do it as your video indicates. YOU NEED TO G/B CORRECTLY.

If you want to pinpoint you have to start the pinpoint on the ground, not up it the air.

In the video, when your detection was saying fast track, you were up in the air and you weren't moving the coil. This would not give a good G/B. Why would the detector be in fast track if it was balanced? It wasn't and you started detecting.

You should start your hunt, between each program change, and when making changes in a program by doing a ,manual G/B.

Also why not try lock track. I think a concentric coil could quiet things down. There is definitely noise.ROB

yes i would say some interference or problem machine, my v3i only acts like that in the most extreme emi/rf interference situations , no matter what frequency,sensitivity,g/b method i use.

KYLEDFX I think the same. Mode discrimination no problem. Mode all metal problem. With the same configuration. How to explain that?. No EMI/RF. Mountains are far away from civilization. No humans. No antennae. No coverage. This is a desert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvhHjB5XAwU