Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i. Ground Balance. I have yet to see the zero....

spain64

I have read in the forum: "First you have to find a spot Free of Targets to do the balance on otherwise you're not getting a good balance so to find the best spot look for a Zero on the screen while in Pinpoint Mode that produces No Target Sounds & No Freq Bars to indicate a Target Free Spot"

Here where I am I have yet to see the zero and all quiet. I can get it all quiet but it usually has a number in the upper left. Usually 13. Why is this?

Looks like you got that from a post from Robert. Sounds like it is a quote from him. There must be something in the ground. Clean an area. It can be done as you see in the video. Also it sounds like your detector is operating as it should.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMOQR6dq7s0&feature=player_embedded

spain64 said:
I have read in the forum: "First you have to find a spot Free of Targets to do the balance on otherwise you're not getting a good balance so to find the best spot look for a Zero on the screen while in Pinpoint Mode that produces No Target Sounds & No Freq Bars to indicate a Target Free Spot"

Here where I am I have yet to see the zero and all quiet. I can get it all quiet but it usually has a number in the upper left. Usually 13. Why is this?

13" in depth is the number you are seeing. The detector is seeing minerals in the ground and it is recognizing this as a target. I have yet to find a spot other than on the beach where I have had no depth number occur. The detector will work just fine and the higher the number you see the better. The places I hunt have extreme mineralization and I often have to search for a clean place to ground balance. Often I have to settle with 8-9" and I do pretty good....:thumbup:

Ok BURLBARK. Understood. :thumbup:
thanks

Featured a video with a clear example. In place of this video, the funny thing is that the PROBE mark is 0,7% (strength). That is, low mineralization in theory. PINPOINT points to the contrary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJGbv3a5Vos

The video doesn't show the V can't see a Zero. I does show it isn't seeing the zero in that location.

Sorry V is short for V3i. I believe there is nothing under the coil but soil. The V3i is reading normal seeing minerals, or tiny bits of stuff. The original question stated you never can see zero. I get the same readings you do but if I move around to a new spot I can read zero.

Your V3i is acting normal. Just get the highest reading in pinpoint and G/B. Leave it at that. It will work in autotrac.

The V is the detector......... V3/ V3i/ VX3

Try running +20 to +40 offsets in ground tracking and let us know.

The offsets will not affect finding a piece of ground that will read zero. This is done in pinpointing and the tracking is not working while pinpointing.

True Rob. And of course you lose your balance. Overbalanced.
Here is the proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-YS3WOvkW8

Ground balance your detector until your tracking arrows start reversing directions. You will have to have report tracking turned to to monitor this. Start searching. Ever want to check your balance, get over a piece of clean ground raise your detector waist high pull the pinpoint trigger and lower your coil to the ground. You shouldn't hear anything but maybe a click in your headsets.