Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3I Excitement !

oneon

MY V3I is on the way!!!! I am so excited!!! It's going to take a week to get here HOW AM I GOING TO DO THAT?

Go to bed late, get up early , a little beer, maybe wine ,possible a shot of whiskey and the week will be over before you know it. Bill

Is that the voice of experience Bill? :biggrin:

Is that how it is done on the East Coast? :beers:

With the job market and building business such as it is, a fellow has to do what he has to do. People ask me when I am going to retire and I tell them I think I am already... I am going to Three Oaks Mi. this next wed. should I take the v or is it just too darn hot out there? Bill

I think we are going to get a break in the weather next week Bill, down into the 80's and it might be better yet up in MI. The super dry ground might be a problem but there is a chance for scattered thunderstorms so by all means bring the V....:thumbup:

3 Oaks Weather

[attachment 237590 2012-07-06_225433.jpg]

You are lucky over there sometimes it will not stop raining here in UK,still waiting for the grass to be cut for hay,need a good five days of no rain to make hay.something to do with the jet stream in the wrong place :nopity:

BIG G said:
You are lucky over there sometimes it will not stop raining here in UK,still waiting for the grass to be cut for hay,need a good five days of no rain to make hay.something to do with the jet stream in the wrong place :nopity:

I'm up in the Seattle area and our weather (for stretches) real similar to the UK........but this heat bubble that most of the country is getting hit with is gonna do some hurting to a lot of folks. I find it so ironic that we need a generator here in the winter and a lot of the country has to have them for the summer! (Was talking with a friend and he mentioned how it was such a huge challenge just to keep food from going bad in freezers....that is a tough hit to absorb.)

You guy's have fun and take care.

In central Indiana it's 105 right now, and has been like this for days. I would love to get out with my V3i but it's just too hot and the ground is hard as concrete.

I will trade weather with you for a while. We need the rain soooooooo badly.

Talk about a hijacking!!! I'm going out in the heat it's low tide my friend just sent me a shot of a nice 14k ring...I gotta go 91 and humid ahhh it's not too bad!

Rob (IL) said:
I will trade weather with you for a while. We need the rain soooooooo badly.

We havn't had rain since mid May. The ground is like concrete because it is so dry.You would need a pick to dig here.

ONEON Any chance the v3i came early? I am starting to feel anxious for ya now . Didn't mean to take the post away from your excitement . You will find this site a valuable resource in the next few weeks !!! Bill

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 07/12/2012, By End of Day

Last Location:
Arrived - Earth City, MO, United States, Monday, 07/09/2012

:cry:

On the bright side spent 5 hours on the beach this morning starting at 5AM Grabbed a nice silver ring on low tide but that was it. The tide came in and I worked the towel line on about 4 miles of what has been a JAMMED beach since memorial day. Did about $27.00 in clad and a 1937 buffalo. I had a great time, time stood still. Met a guy with a V3 who was swinging like 2 feet off the sand. Looked like he was conducting an orchestra, I made the suggestion that maybe he should swing a little closer to the sand he looked at me like I was nuts.
Going back out in the morning, Wednesday road trip to Jones beach in Long Island I've never been there and look forward to detecting a different beach! Thursday I plan on sitting in front of my house and not moving UPS usually gets here @ 4pm if it comes earlier off to the beach.! Friday off to a park to break my baby in. I've found some wheats and a few large cents but no silver there as of yet. I know they are there hoping the V3I can take me there. . Saturday I think I'll sleep a bit.

Yes got it early Thursday morning been out since. This thing is amazing and I'm starting to get use to it. One of my first finds was a beautiful silver ring. I'm definitely going deeper than my DFX out of the box with the stock salt beach program. I experimented with the gain today and started to get a lot of green coins that other detectors have walked over time and time again. My beach gets HEAVY pressure from other detectorists someone is always swinging morning, noon and night. I saw a guy there with a vision recently but he was swinging like he was cutting the grass. Been really loving this detector I am so happy with it and hope to continue getting some great finds. The only problem I encountered was being able to see the screen with my sun glasses on. I've heard similar complaints from people using the ctx 3030.

If they are polarized you will have difficulty.

Rob yes they are. Depending on the angle I can see... it's a real pain. I've been doing a bi focal thing and look under my glasses in order to see. I really only need it when I analyze cause I have the tones down pretty well. Back to a different beach in the early AM going to see how much gain I can give her without interference.