Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3i and mobile phone.

spain64

V3i takes a defense against mobile phone interference? It affects the phone to the detection? better bring the mobile off? Irrelevant?. Thanks

Some people report interference while other don't. I wear my phone while hunting and have never had a problem with it.

I have an iPhone 4 on GSM and have not noticed any problems. What system is your cellphone on?

The same as Larry said. I always have my phone with me. ROB

I wear T shirts with a single chest pocket for my phone. I find it helps to keep the screen safe from keys and other abuse in pants pockets. I have not had a single issue with my Verizon Android phone with one lone exception. While probing in a hole one in a while the pocket would get close enough to the probe to produce a false signal. I now lean farther back while probing ant it is not an issue. This is a metal signal and not an RF issue mind you. There have been zero RF issues because I have left it in the car at times to see if it had anything to do with pinpointing and other known issues. The phone was never a contributing factor in any of these.

The Shark

Howdy Folks: jack from pa here and interested in some reports on another site regarding quieting down the V3i with a big offst adj.in the loctrc setting as well as speed adj. in loc trac or auto trac.It has been characterized as the magic bullet for a unit that seems unmanageable.Apparently this item wasn't covered thoroughly enough in the op. man.(my impression).. In any case my V3i is currently in Sweet Home for open heart surgery or maybe just a" stint".Long story short does anyone have any experience with this (yet another fix) for a possible shortcoming of the much heralded V3i.I am waiting patiently for the return of my missing m/d,and am in need of a plan to reestablish a relationship with it.Thanks for any info .......jack from pa.

I have a Sprint LG and it with me when detecting no interference :twodetecting::whites::cheers:

You will notice the comment for the magic pill was, " Like other settings, it sometimes helps, and it sometimes makes things worse. The good news is that is worked for you ". Did you see any confirmation of its effectiveness? Everyone has a right to their option and I have mine on this one. ROB

No problems here. I have the V3 running smooth with my cell phone running at 900 MHz and my Macally bluetooth wireless headphones running at 2.4 GHz.

TC-NM