Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 takes oldest coin yet

magic

Was out at my secret location yesterday with Amy, handyman and Tana.
It was a great day with beautiful weather and a great location to hunt.
Started off the day with a few wheats and then come my first silver, a 1926 merc. Found a few more wheats and then came up on this nice 1954 quarter. Then about 5 minutes later,... a 1945 walking half! I was very happy and I also had no clue what I was about to find.
The day kinda dried up after that with a few wheats here and there and then I found a long metal thing..Maybe a knife handle or something..It has decoration on it and rivets at both ends like a knife would have. The I changed spots for a while...then BOOM.. big hit I couldn't believe what I had just pulled out of the ground. Couldn't tell at the time but when I got home, I found it was a 1812 large cent! My oldest coin I found yet. I found an old bowling pin next and then..Another first for me.. I knew it was a cut piece from a coin, (silver) but I couldn't make out from what kind of coin it was cut from. I got home and looked in my book and I found it was from a Heraldic Eagle Reverse (1801-1807)
I could believe it...I wish I could have found the whole coin in tact but a piece is better than nothing... Sorry again about the pics.. Gotta learn this camera....

DSCF0002-2.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0010-1.jpg

DSCF0011-1.jpg

Those are super great finds Magic, Is your super secret site new or one you have been pounding awhile? Because if you are getting finds like this in a site you have been over a few times, that would say alot about the V. Might want to submit your story to White's.
As far as your pics go, they look pretty good. I have a printer, scanner, copier all in one and flat objects like coins scan really, really well. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

Everything looks good to me. Nice finds, I can't wait to get back to Illinois. Rob

That is a great day of hunting..........:clapping:

Nice finds. I won't ask where your secret location is, but could you say what kind of site it is -- home site, picnic area, campsite, or what. Just curious.

robertk said:
Nice finds. I won't ask where your secret location is, but could you say what kind of site it is -- home site, picnic area, campsite, or what. Just curious.
Its an old mill site that has had people around it since 1804,

This place has been hunted before, by how many I dont know. Finds are few and far between. It is very rough area, lots of steep hills and and woods. Poison oak everywhere...(I get it every time I go!) :angry:
It still kills me to know someone could cut up that coin! I know that is what they did back then but.....Maybe I will one day find one that whole!

Here is the front of the coin..looks better in person. The handle thing has rivit pins at both ends like a knife handle does...???? dont really know what it could be..

DSCF0001.jpg

great finds, magic! that draped bust silver sliver looks like it woulda been off a half, and would have traded on par with a dime. very cool!

Great hunt, Majic! Congrats.

Capt Ron