Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 relic hunt all metal

Jason in TN

Still working with the all metal mode on the V. Got 4 bullets today at over 10in in a heavy hunted area. Buddies found no bullets with there MXT's.
Some one in the know let me know if the filters effect the all metal mode. Was able to crank the V up today gain15 all metal Sensitivity at 95
hunting 7.5 only. Starting to like the V in all metal alot for relics.

Jason

The filters will affect the reported VDI and the spectragraph for the display, but not the audio. The audio is an all metal audio which is only affected by a SAT (self adjusting threshold). The SAT can be turned off to give you all metal audio exactly like you hear in pinpoint.

ak_1234 said:
The filters will affect the reported VDI and the spectragraph for the display, but not the audio. The audio is an all metal audio which is only affected by a SAT (self adjusting threshold). The SAT can be turned off to give you all metal audio exactly like you hear in pinpoint.

AK
Thanks would there be any advantage to turning the SAT off.
also any thing else that may help with my all metal hunting I should know.

Jason

If you turn the SAT off, your audio will shift with the offset shifts (ground). So it's important to reset by pulling the trigger periodically if you notice that. You can slow the SAT down if you want it to be more like pinpoint where you can stop on a target and the audio doesn't immediately start decreasing, but still adjusting for the ground changes. The SAT and all metal sens are the only things that affect the all metal audio.

ak_1234 said:
If you turn the SAT off, your audio will shift with the offset shifts (ground). So it's important to reset by pulling the trigger periodically if you notice that. You can slow the SAT down if you want it to be more like pinpoint where you can stop on a target and the audio doesn't immediately start decreasing, but still adjusting for the ground changes. The SAT and all metal sens are the only things that affect the all metal audio.

Thanks for the info.
Would there be an advantage to locking the ground tracking that is the way i ran it yesterday had to manual balance quite a bit but I was worried I might loose a deep
target with it turned on. Most of the stuff left here is deep.

Jason

Theoretically it shouldn't track to the deep targets on its own. But, it is possible that with the target deep enough it might read as ground and adjust accordingly. As long as the phase of the target and the ground are different, it should ignore the target until you sweep over it a few times which can trick it into thinking that ground has changed. Auto tracking can be tricked, but we tried to minimize those trickeries. But then you can lose deep targets if it's tracked the wrong direction (negatively) too like when ground has changed enough and you haven't manually balanced yet when tracking is disabled. So, I'm not sure what to answer for this. You might try a test where you find one of those deep targets, then turn tracking on and see what happens in your ground. I think if autotrac works in your ground normally, it should be fine. But I don't know your ground.

Thanks this has renewed my relic hunting int rest in my V3. Was a great coin and Jewelry detector but had had some issues relic hunting with the fences high power DC
pulse they put out the all metal seems to really help with this problem.

Jason

I run my tone modded 6000XLPRO in sat most of the time or the mineralized TR mode. I hunt a lot of trash and iron the majority of the time and use the 5.3 and 8" coils on it. On the V3 I usually lock the track run freq. offset at +2 for noise, track offset at +2. I run the V3 mostly with the 5.3" coil and the 9.5" in all metal but I was just wondering what I have to set the sat speed at like my 6000XLPRO or maybe run it a little slower then the preset in coin jewlery mode on the V3 like the speed of the XLPRO. Thanks for your time. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

If I am correct, recovery speed is used in relation to an audio response in the discrimination mode and thusly would not come into play in all metal.

Gonna try and get me a V3 with tax return money. That V3 had a lot of secrets to be told and I wanna be the one reaping the benefits of the machine when it does get unlocked.

I think you made a good choice Dan..........:thumbup: