Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V3 on the Today show

Well this is probably a late post/opinion on the subject but I had to throw in my two cents worth.

Today Show = Inane Silly Non-News Brain Sucking Drivel

The portrayal of the hobby as being a bunch of penny finding nerds, hmmmm..who cares what they think/say? (I don't)

My view of the hobby is it's a fascinating combination of history, and treasure finds. Defining a treasure isn't made based on it's monetary value
it's more a matter of learning your craft, applying it, and succeeding with a little dividend at the end. Would we all like to find that "big" find, that sets us up
for life, or a bit more freedom to do our hobby on a more regular basis.. sure, why not.. I wouldn't mind doing what I'm passionate about a lot more.

I'm glad they made fun of the hobby. Maybe it will discourage people from wanting to do it and them invading my good spots. I have heard some comments made toward me and how dumb it is and then they seem to change their mind when I show them something of value that I have found or they see my collection of civil war relics. Who cares what they think.