Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

v3 hi pro and deep silver programs

pointer80

Hi all, Does anybody use hi pro or deep silver programs on the v3? I run a 5.3 coil. Just wondering how everyone likes these programs and any tips for running them. Thank you

I've used deep silver with opened up discrimination (also using no-tones instead of discrimination). It depends on how trashy the site is and how much discrimination produces the least distraction while allowing deep targets to peer through the trash. In non-trashy ground you can open it up in terms of discrimination and sensitivity. If the trash is so thick that you can't get a threshold, reduce your Recovery Delay, use a small coil (like the 5.3 or 4x6) and sweep slow enough to acquire a threshold inbetween targets. Different filters may help too depending on sweep speed and ground conditions.

I just got my 5.3 back from White's...first two tested at 4...third one finally came in at 15...yay! Gonna try it out tomorrow.

Beep

I use Hi-Pro all the time for my type of hunting and Deep Silver is a little too noisy for my ground. Try many of the programs and tweak the ones that seem to work best for you.

I find the Hi Pro Mixed Mode to be a very interesting mode. I seem to hear more targets with it but I haven't really used it enough to tell much about it... but it sounds like it's alive or something, it has a pulse.

The most stable mode, IMO, is "Coins", it is quiet but I hunt relics a lot so I don't use it as much because it discs out too much. I need to open the disc a bit and try it that way. I have had to restore "Coin and Jewelry" from the library because of changing too many settings, making it a bit unstable, and not knowing what I messed up.

I also had to change the color scheme on Hi Pro, I didn't like the one that it came with.

I haven't used deep silver very much.

J

yeah..I agree on HiPro color scheme.. I just tried it last night.. and I could hardly read the screen.. kind of irritating.

What you're actually hearing is the All Metal audio resulting from MIXED MODE being ON. If you are hearing "all those tones", you're hitting a lot of targets (chatter), or you're "too hot". Deep Silver is one of the most sensitive setups that Spectra users have available.

If you like Tone ID = ON, then try turning MIXED MODE = OFF. If you're still hearing a lot of noise, then you should decrease (-) your RX Gain and DISC a bit until your Spectra smooth