Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

V Big Foot??????

Welcome to the forum jeffpa. You have me confused on what extra $600 you are talking about.... For $1600 you get the most advanced detector on the market and the Bigfoot is a 3"x18" DD coil designed for coverage of sports fields, beaches and other large areas. Depth is secondary, but I get about 6 inches deep with mine. One or two extra jewelry finds could easily pay for the entire package.

Carl-NC said:
The problem isn't a lack of demand, or even a lack of manufacturing capacity. The problem is, because of the way Bigfoot is designed, it can't be simply extended to V3's specs. It would have to be completely redesigned. Even then, might require a design change on V3 itself to get around certain limiting issues. Begging Jimmy to produce V3-Bigfoot isn't going to make it happen, because it can't happen. Sorry.

- Carl

Then I would like to see Whites or some one else step up and build a bigfoot like coil for the V3. I am sure it could be done something light long and with good coverage and decent depth. Come on lets see it happen I am missing my bigfoot DFX combo bad. The V3 is great but we need a bigfoot type coil for it. My hand is up I will take the first one ready.

Jason

BHNugget said:
I would think you could use the current bigfoot on the V in single freq. 2.5 or 7.5,its when using the 22.5 freq. that coils which arent V nulled becomes an issue.

The 22.5 would be the most value for finding gold jewlery that is what I used my DFX bigfoot for the most and was very successful with it at the beach. Paid for the coil and the detector in no time. May have to go back to that combo but with a nice new V3 seems like a step back maybe some one will step up and make us a long thin coil that will work on the V3.

Jason

My apologies to all of those who have been dazed, confused and mislead... the Bigfoot is a differential loop geometry coil which "acts" like a DD style coil, laying down a "windshield wiper like" pattern.

Larry I know you have one how does it work in the multiple freq mode? I would use it at the beach more than any thing so I would need to run in the salt mode most of the time. Really miss the one I had with my DFX wish I would have kept it to try on the V3. Wish we could get one tuned for the V3 but it does not look like it is going to happen.
May have to try the old style bigfoot and see if it will work in the salt mode. Any one used one in the salt mode yet. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

I would suggest using just the 7.5 frequency on the Bigfoot with the V. When 22.5 is active you will get some strange VDI's when the target is in the lower VDI range. On the beach where you dig all targets anyway, you might get used to the oddities. It seems like in the gold, pulltab and nickel range, you get VDI's in the 60's and 70's. I haven't tried the Bigfoot in the salt mode yet.

:detecting: "OK lets see 4R starters who wants the V Big Foot lets see some hands?????? N thean we can send Jimmy some E-Mail, Mickfin" I e-mailed Jimmy yesterday asking about one for my V3 before I read your post Jason. Also Saw a picture of a big foot attached to the V on Steve Herschbach machine, can't find it today though?:shrug:

mickfin said:
OK lets see 4R starters who wants the V Big Foot lets see some hands?????? N thean we can send Jimmy some E-Mail, Mickfin
I e-mailed Jimmy yesterday about a big foot for my V3. Saw a picture of one on Steve Herschbach machine somewhere, but I can't find it today? :shrug:

You are talking about the DFX Big Foot right?????????? Mic

Yep, don't know if the XLT will work or not.

Larry (IL) said:
I would suggest using just the 7.5 frequency on the Bigfoot with the V. When 22.5 is active you will get some strange VDI's when the target is in the lower VDI range. On the beach where you dig all targets anyway, you might get used to the oddities. It seems like in the gold, pulltab and nickel range, you get VDI's in the 60's and 70's. I haven't tried the Bigfoot in the salt mode yet.

Larry thanks for the reply may have to get one to try out. Would like to know how it behaves in the salt mode as the beach would be the #1 spot I would want to use it. Let me know if you can get a chance to try the salt mode on some gold targets.

Jason

Will do Jason, all I can do is air tests for the next month though. I don't expect any surprises and I'm sure the Bigfoot will work fine. I have used the Bigfoot many times with great results and I loaned it out to another Bigfoot user to find a lost gold ring, he found it plus another one as well. Both were returned to owners........:thumbup: Use 7.5 SF for best results.

Thanks Larry trying to come up with one should have kept the one I had.

I let it go with my DFX when I sold it to get the V3

Jason

If you get more responses than you can handle, let me know..I'll buy some too.....:surrender: I have four on back order with no idea when they will be delivered.

Larry (IL) said:
If you get more responses than you can handle, let me know..I'll buy some too.....:surrender: I have four on back order with no idea when they will be delivered.

Been on the list my self for some time now.

Jason

I have read that he does have the V Bigfoot. The problem is getting the coil to work for the third frequency. Due to the design, they will not work with the Boost on, but will work in all three freqs. I believe that he had 10-12 that they put a red dot on that said that they were for the V and took them for testing on one of his trips to England, They didn't get all of the information due to a mix-up though. .

It also seems that the DFX and MXT versions are starting to head out slowly, as I have heard of two people getting calls withing the last couple of days.

magicpsn said:
I have read that he does have the V Bigfoot. The problem is getting the coil to work for the third frequency. Due to the design, they will not work with the Boost on, but will work in all three freqs. I believe that he had 10-12 that they put a red dot on that said that they were for the V and took them for testing on one of his trips to England, They didn't get all of the information due to a mix-up though. .

It also seems that the DFX and MXT versions are starting to head out slowly, as I have heard of two people getting calls withing the last couple of days.

Know there are some DFX MXT versions going out but as far as i have heard there is no V bigfoot. That was from Jimmy his self.
Would like to know where you read that info would be nice to check it out.

Jason

There having Long Delays / Problem after Problem, back order after back order................... Making The original Bigfoot for the DFX /MXT,........... And they have blue prints in there hands..??????? So it's very doubtful there coming out with a V-Foot anytime soon........ with no blueprints ??........... but it would be nice if they did.