Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update on XTP... happy now.

So after another dismal outing this morning with the XTP I purchased at Cabela's on Saturday morning, I called Minelab and spoke with a gentleman about my issue with iron nails and other small pieces of iron reading anywhere between 80-94 on VDI, and giving clear crisp tones you would expect from coins and silver. He said that was a new one to him, that almost 100% of complaints they get are about instability or wildly varying VDI with the XTP.
I told him the VDI variation I can deal with, but digging iron nails when I'm thinking it's a coin, no...unacceptable. He said its most likely an issue with the motherboard, but could.possibly.be a coil issue also. He said I could send it in and they would test it, or see if Cabela's would just swap the unit out for another one. So I called Cabela's, they said absolutely, come swap it.out or get a refund. So two hours later I'm back home with a new XTP, and hallelujah it doesn't say iron nails are 80-94 VDI...it recognizes them as iron. 👍 I knew that I it wasn't up to snuff. So anyway, just wanted to give an update with a happy ending. Oh and the VDI is much more stable on the new one, mostly only varies by 4 numbers, no really wild shifts unless it's over more than one target, which is to be expected. Tha ks to all who offered input/help. 👍

Obtained permission to detect a local race track that I used to go when I first started out. In the grass area that fills up with the weekend campers during the races. Place opened in 1916. My first two silver coins came from there, a Barber quarter and a Barber half, dates 1914 & 1916. As you can imagine it's a wonderland of bottle caps, pull tabs, and aluminum of all types. Apparently the owner has let no one else in because they always want to go inside the track itself. Should keep me busy the rest of the summer and fall. 👍

Sounds like a killer site!!
Those first two silver coins you found are amazing finds!!
If you take to liking that XTP, you might want to consider the 5”x 8” coil for it at some point for working this site.

I just want to know where this race track is :poke:
Jk those are two awesome finds! 😎
Glad you got your problem resolved. Show us some photos of the big silver so we can all drool 🤤 😂😂😂

The track is the Winchester Speedway Indiana...it's a major pain wading through all the aluminum in the ground, you don't even have to take a step, just turn around 360 degrees and you will get so many signals that it makes you wanna just go back to the car 😆. That's why no one will hunt the big field. But I've made some really nice silver finds and a ton of clad coins out there. Oddly enough I've yet to pull gold from the ground, but I know it's out there, hiding in all those pull tabs, foil, and can-slaw.

The track is the Winchester Speedway Indiana...it's a major pain wading through all the aluminum in the ground, you don't even have to take a step, just turn around 360 degrees and you will get so many signals that it makes you wanna just go back to the car 😆. That's why no one will hunt the big field. But I've made some really nice silver finds and a ton of clad coins out there. Oddly enough I've yet to pull gold from the ground, but I know it's out there, hiding in all those pull tabs, foil, and can-slaw.
1718655448929.png

I accept the challenge 😂

Come on out, it's a huge place. Just contact the owner and don't go into the fenced area of the track. I was gonna work my way out there today but by 9-9:3 a.m. the heat was just too brutal. After I finished up a local tot-lot I went home.

The Morgan's did not come from the track, everything else did. The Barber Half and Barber Quarter at the top were my first two silver coins I ever found, found them with a Whites Coinmaster Pro 6" deep. Not to mention a two pound coffee can of clad coins. And a garbage can full of pull tabs, bottle caps, can-slaw, hold cans, foil, old pie plates...you name it, its out there, I don't think this whole forum could ever dig all the trash out of that place, it makes you dizzy just listening to the tones.

Attachments

• IMG_20240617_162547290.jpg
    IMG_20240617_162547290.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 29
Sounds like a killer site!!
Those first two silver coins you found are amazing finds!!
If you take to liking that XTP, you might want to consider the 5”x 8” coil for it at some point for working this site.
Well the past two days have brought me some good fortune. I found a Nox 900 with the two factory coils, headphones, etc along with a 10x5 Coiltek coil, sandscoop, pro find 40 pin pointer listed for sale for $850. I bought it and the very same day it died during the new update. Long story short I found out where it was bought originally, called the Cabela's up and it turns out you can make an exchange on defective items without the original receipt as long as they approve it. So an hour drive later and I'm walking out of the Cabela's with a brand new Nox 900. 😁 So, yes that 6" coil and the coil tek are both going to get used out at the track for sure.

Well the past two days have brought me some good fortune. I found a Nox 900 with the two factory coils, headphones, etc along with a 10x5 Coiltek coil, sandscoop, pro find 40 pin pointer listed for sale for $850. I bought it and the very same day it died during the new update. Long story short I found out where it was bought originally, called the Cabela's up and it turns out you can make an exchange on defective items without the original receipt as long as they approve it. So an hour drive later and I'm walking out of the Cabela's with a brand new Nox 900. 😁 So, yes that 6" coil and the coil tek are both going to get used out at the track for sure.
Sounds like you made out like a bandit…looking forward to seeing your finds from that site..👍👍

Come on out, it's a huge place. Just contact the owner and don't go into the fenced area of the track. I was gonna work my way out there today but by 9-9:3 a.m. the heat was just too brutal. After I finished up a local tot-lot I went home.
I wish I was closer!
I’m about 600 miles too far 😩🤣🤣but thank you for the offer!!