Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"United States Marine" ............

Kelley (Texas)

The Title

It cannot be inherited
Nor can it ever be purchased.
You and no one alive
can buy it for any price.
It is impossible to rent
and it cannot be lent.
You alone and our own
have earned it with
your sweat, blood and lives.
You own it forever,
The Title
"United States Marine"

:usmc: "Civilians cannot and will not understand
us because they are not one of us. The Corps - we love it, live it, and shall die for it. If you
have never been in it, you shall never understand it." :usmc:

This afternoon, I received word that a very special friend of mine had departed this world and gone on to a better place. Jim and I served together in Vietnam and became close friends. We both came back State Side together and finished out our tour in the Marines at Cherry Point Marine Air Station, Havelock, North Carolina, assigned to the Provost Marshall as military policeman. We kept in touch all these many years...he will be missed. At the moment I have an empty feeling inside me...life can be so cruel at times. Vietnam has always been a closed subject, locked away inside me...as it shall remain and will be carried with me to the grave. Kelley (Texas)

[attachment 95161 U.S.Flag.gif] :usmc:

I was an MP at Cherry Point too in 59. There was a bar across from the main gate called Yamato's that MP's hung around at. Lots of memories there. I probably would not know the place any more.

We use to go to Morehead City to swim on the beach. Did you all live in the brick barracks too...not far from the mess hall? There was not much to do in Havelock other than hit the bars...many of the bar hogs were fat and ugly until you drank a few beers. I really liked North Carolina, beautiful state and friendly folks...not like Southern California where there were signs "Dogs and Marines keep off the grass." :rofl: I think that the Navy folks were responsible for those signs. :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

and there is not a thing that we can do about it but roll with the punches...put a smile on your face and move forward to face the challenges of life. Kelley (Texas) :)

it seems all you can do is remember the good times and treasure your friends memory. You guys are a very special group! :usmc:

house outside the gate too. It was not directly across from the gate but to the left and on a side street. I used to go there occasionally. We could watch a movie on base for a dime and it cost 50 cents at the off base theater but at least there were real humans setting with you :D

Those Anchor Clankers were a problem and always doing something that offended a poor Marine.

But his Memory will always be there in you. So he lives on in a Better Place now. Best wish to You And His Family.

All wars are tough... but Vietnam seemed to be particularly hard for everyone.

My condolences and my prayers.

Fair winds

Mikie

Look at it this way, You will meet again. True friends are hard to loose. Thanks to you and Jim for your service to our country. George-CT

...gave them out to every marine I came in contact with for a time. I just felt sorry for them for using the same toothbrush for their rifle and their teeth--in that order. :lol:

aj

after the Marines guarded your big boats so that no one would steal one of them. :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :rofl: