Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TX BOOST

I'd probably use it at a Florida beach or in other sandy, neutral ground but only if I were getting really deep targets because it kills the battery up to 50% faster. Most places around here have really hard red ferrite clay and rocks that stop things from getting really deep. I really think it is not a plus unless you give it a try an actually pick up some really deep targets that you then can't hit without it. It might be plus in England.

J

I live in southern Illinois. Mostly Glacier deposits from Canada. (that's what history teachers tell us) Top soil about 6" then clay ish soil. I run max 15 and tx boost. That's if no false signals.

I tried TX boost recently and it can make small iron sound like good targets. If the area has low minerals, little EMI and no trash, it can come in handy.

I tend to run my unit fairly hot, with my sensitivity in the mid 90's and the RX up around 12, so TX doesn't mix will with the combo.

If I plan on hunting for a few days straight w/out the charger with me, I tend not to use the TX boost. (just to save my battery) But when I'm not concerned about it and I really want to make the deeper targets sound a lot more distinctly I use the TX boost in 3 freq mode. It's kind of interesting makes everything seem a lot more distinct.

However I try to really do TX boost, and max out my coil sensitivity at the same time. I do get a few more overloads on the shallow targets, which is fine by me.