Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried the frequency seperation for gold trick

jimmyk

Hi, all:

Been watching the threads about using the analyse screen to help determine the difference between a pull tab and gold rings. Tried a few with air test and can really see the difference. Went out today to a 100 year old athletic field that has been pounded to death. Specifically was watching the analyse screen for all signals below the 20 VDI range. I dug about ten targets. All had the nice seperation between the high and midle curves, just like a gold ring would have. Each target was can slaw. Didn't dig any pull tabs. My first attempt looks like can slaw and gold rings will generally read the same. Maybe the trick works for pull tabs. I find can slaw ten to one over pull tabs when I hunt school yards and athletic fields. I will dig those low numbers in this field in hopes someone skipped a can slaw type target that in reality will be a gold ring. I've found two gold rings in this field with other detectors, so I'm confident there is another one lurking amid the slaw.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

Keep at it Jimmy, if there is slaw and tabs, you can bet there is still gold there to find as well.

A beverage can that has been hit with a lawn mower one or more times. Some of the pieces of the can will give a good signal like a nickel or ring.

Hi Jimmy, you don't see much posted about the analysis screen like you did in the beginning. I haven't found a pattern that will spot gold from junk. Keep trying, that ring is just around the corner. Rob