Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

treasure tale.....part one and part 2

Will call you tomorrow.

Sunny skies

m

sorry you didn't get any rewards except knowing you did the right thing!
The police probably lost the items.

Dave

you should have gotten a lawyer and offered him a share and maybe gotten rid of a couple rotten cops. They needed to be fired.

I found a stash like that once, many years ago and it never went to the cops.

At Detroit Metro Beach they only allow detecting after Labor Day, at least that is what I have been told. I don't beach hunt. The day after Labor Day the beach is opened up and crawling with detectorists.

The guy I knew, in fact the one that caused me to get interested in the hobby had one of his buddys come running up to him and tell him to ocme to his car. When he got to the car and out of sight of the other hunters the guy pulled out a dang chain and what a chain!! It was gold and huge!

My buddy told him to leave and not to show it to anyone as it was probably lost by one of the local "Brothers" drug dealers and if it was known he had found it, he would probably gotten a visit. At least a drive by shooting or something. This was good advice too.

Bill told me that the guy took off with it out of sight. It weithed 220grams. Now I don't know much about grams and oz conversion but it was a big sucker.....I just found a conversion site and that comes to 7.75 ounces of gold. Dang!!!

I would never steal from an individual but I sure the heck would not give diddly to a cop either....

n/t

n/t

n/t

I really get undone with people who use their position for personal gain.

I hope this is not the end of the story.

aj

We walked away from it. In the end, it was not worth all the hassles.... and besides, I can still look at myself in the mirror, and not be ashamed :)

calm seas, sunny skies

M

is off bridges. People will snatch and grab and take off. They will then go through what they got and pitch what they don't have a use for or some incriminating items, that can not be fenced. What better place than off a bridge.

I found a few items off a bridge in Boyne City, oh a notary seal stamp and some other office junk and as it looked new, I turned it in to the cops. They are the ones that told me that.

I had a buddy that found a handgun and when he turned it in the cops said it might have been used in a recient robbery. I don't know if it had or not.