Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Took the F5 out today for a hunt....ended up taking it back to Cabelas after using it for a day...Saw an F70 while I was there!!

...I did not have alot of time Sunday as we had to pick my daughter up from work.....so I may try this coming Saturday.
scott

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THE F5&70 TO COME OUT .I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED TO HEAR YOUR REPORT,BUT ALSO VERY GRATEFUL. THE LAST TIME I WENT TO MY DEALER TO LOOK AT THE F75 THE DEALER HAD A VERY HARD TIME TRYING TO GET IT TO WORK RIGHT. I'VE BEEN A FISHER USER FOR A LONG TIME ,AND THEIR MACHINES HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AMONG THE BEST ON THE MARKET AND EASY TO USE. IT SEEMSAFTER CZ 'S CAME OUT THERE ARE NOT GOING TO BE ANYMORE GOOD PRODUCTS FROM FISHER,EXCEPT MAYBE THE CZ21. I SURE HOPE I'M WRONG. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

Dig quite a few rusty bottle caps, but I am getting better with it though. I think it just will take more time with it to learn how to tell the difference in them. I will say it is better then any other Fisher i have used on rusty bottle caps. I will also say I was never a fan of the old Fisher, but since FT took over I am starting to like them. I have a F-75, a F-4 I have used and have a F5 and a F70 on back order.

Well, so much for Fisher being the ACE killer. People thought the F-2 was going to take Garrett Ace 250 down a notch and
only succeeded in shooting themselves in the foot. Looks like Fisher shot themselves in the OTHER foot. Maybe what they need to
do is get rid of all their management and start clean, starting with some of their technical decisions.
RR

...Whites put the bottlecap reject program in the Eagles and Spectrum...bottlecaps suck. They are not iron...they are a kind of steel alloy....and if anyone has ever tested steel on their detector guess where it ID's....right around silver if it is hi grade steel....depending. I have dug black steel gas fittings that came is as a solid quarter hit...realy bums you out. The only detector I ever used that would ID a bottlecap in it's own range was the Explorers....you would never dig a bottlecap with them. Bottlecaps were usually mid way up the screen but pegged far right edge and steel would be upper far right and just enough off from silver you always knew what it was.
Every other detector though has fun with steel and bottlecaps...some just less so than others. I just have not been in areas with them for so many years I have not had to deal with them. The bummer is deep ones.....deep targets jump around irregardless of whether they are good or junk and if it was a deeper bottlecap that would be more of an issue as to dig or not.
scott

every time you make a slam statement like this based on what you've read instead of what you've experienced first hand, YOU shoot YOURSELF in the foot.

I truly agree it is a great detector and have loudly sang its praises, but not every one right out of the box have been perfect, as we know. Fortunately, the one I got last April, was, and apparently, Frank, your's was as well. HH jim tn

the jury is STILL out on the f2!..don't sink the ship just yet!..spring is here now,and these detectors are just getting out across the country!..i got one,and will soon get it into the field!..proper evaluation is yet to come!

(h.h!)
j.t.

i agree!..to make such a blanket statement WITHOUT proper field experience is foolheardy!

(h.h!)
j.t.

In my ground, using various methods to identify bottlecaps. I've dug them also with a Sovereign.
Never dug one with a Garrett BFO.:rofl:

Thanks for the posts and updates on the F5. As someone new, I have spent numerous hours researching and asking questions so that I correctly select the right detector for my needs.

I had decided that my first detector purchase would be the F5 over the Tesoro Vaquero and Garrett Ace 250. After reading these posts, I am now having second thoughts. The spin on Fisher seems disturbing and leads someone new to the sport to think that Fisher has lost its reputation as a first class manufacturer of detectors. One post in particular makes it sound as though Fisher takes the low road for profit over quality and can't wait to put defective detectors into the field. It really sounds like a crap shoot on whether or not the one you buy will really work.

From a newbies point of view (and I'm sure there are many more like me who read this forum to gain insight and help) it would be nice to hear impartial reviews on a particular detector without bringing up negative feelings and past experiences of other detectors into the same review. Comparisons are OK, but are there any good comparisons?

Just trying to make a point that what is posted has far reaching affects. I'm not sure if the message or main theme of these posts are to warn people not to purchase a Fisher, not to purchase the first released Fishers, Your in for heartache if you buy a Fisher, You Will loose money if you buy a Fisher, You have to buy three to get a good one, The F5 is just as bad as the T2 , Fisher has a bad history ie. T2 "They were such junk that you could not find anyone who bought one that did not dump them pronto."

After reading all of the posts it really does sound like a bad idea to part with your hard earned dollars to buy any Fisher product. How many other people new to the sport will think the same? Are they really that bad?

Sorry to hear you had to take back the F5. What was the problem with this one?
ALSO just curious how you would compare the F5 with the F2. The F2 has had it's
complaints too.
RR

harryape i wouldnt turn away to fast, and miss out on some awsome performance, and light weight, i run a t-2 and wouldnt trade it for anything