Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time to try something new

I am not knocking any of the detectors or detectorists..... its a Ford/Chevy/Dodge kinda thing. I bought that Y adapter so that I could use two headphones to either take someone on a test drive OR I could be the passenger. What I find interesting is sometimes jkline and I use each other for a second opinion on a hit. Just yesterday I had a solid 80s hit (F75) that was quarterish but not quite half dollar either. He swung the CTX3030 and said nickel. Ended up canslaw piece. To me this clearly demonstrates a language difference. Either way the tone was a digger but its a bit odd trying to speak a quarter to a person who hears a nickel. I hope this makes sense but then that works both ways too.

I am not knocking any of the detectors or detectorists..... its a Ford/Chevy/Dodge kinda thing. I bought that Y adapter so that I could use two headphones to either take someone on a test drive OR I could be the passenger. What I find interesting is sometimes jkline and I use each other for a second opinion on a hit. Just yesterday I had a solid 80s hit (F75) that was quarterish but not quite half dollar either. He swung the CTX3030 and said nickel. Ended up canslaw piece. To me this clearly demonstrates a language difference. Either way the tone was a digger but its a bit odd trying to speak a quarter to a person who hears a nickel. I hope this makes sense but then that works both ways too.

Ronstar: Different sounds tuned in on different derectors--each hears what they are used to in what the hidden object (coin or junk) might be! On my Whites XLT Spectrum I knew the sound of a nickle, hardly ever missed, unless something close to the nickle nulled it out! My NICKLE COUNT was huge over the years but yet not many gold rings! Each detector is set to the hearing ear & using ear phones & how they worked for the user or mine was but being hard of hearing my coin or junk signals would be louder or softer depending on the setting & angle of the object when pinpointing the exact spot where it should be! In the years I detected as a hobby there weren't any so called Pin Pointers to use separately from the detector itself; so when coins got sideways in the hole they were hard to locate; therefore, I know I left coins in the dug hole's wall! Loved the Hobby too much & neglected church services & my Savior too many times by going detecting instead of attending Church which I have suffered for! If you Please God in the name of Jesus, He will please you with NICE FINDS! I talked to Jesus & loved being outdoors! Ma

Last edited:
Don't put unnecessary weight on your coil. I haven't broken one yet but have read a lot of horror stories about broken coil ears.

That being said, the Equinox is a beast and has breathed a lot of fresh air into detecting for me. I can't take 50 tones and opted for 5 but I understand the argument in favor of 50.

My advice is revisit some of your old favorite sites with the Nox. I was astonished at what I hadn't found with my other machines.
Great choice and good luck!
Great points I’ve gone back to spots that were hammered and my Nox found a unbelievable amount of silver including my first CC seated quarter.
Mark