Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time to try something new

I get it, the urge to get new and different. But for me I just learned Fishereze and to change to say, Minelabeze would send me to the back of the line to learn a new language. I’d probably lose a whole year just learning the new numbers

I get it, the urge to get new and different. But for me I just learned Fishereze and to change to say, Minelabeze would send me to the back of the line to learn a new language. I’d probably lose a whole year just learning the new numbers
You might be surprised at how fast you can get aquatinted with this detector.
It did not take me a year to learn the language.... this detector is not as complicated to learn as some I have tried..

Yep fwcrawford is right on. Swing slow and truly listen to what the equinox is trying to explain to you. Ever since I slowed my recovery speed down and scan slow, my finds have skyrocketed. If you want to get started right away with making finds. Here are my current and primary settings.

Ground Balance - 0
Volume - MAX - and adjust the output on the headphones. (if you can't do this, you will obviously have to adjust on the machine)
50 tones
Iron Bias F2 - 0 (however being new, you can turn it up to F2-4 or 5)
Recovery speed - 4
Park1 -multi-frequency.
scan slowly
listen to it all in "all-metal" and go slow
most importantly, listen to the tones. They convey a ton of info and over time you will be in tune. Targets are going to overlap in TID however, those tones will alert you to the differences. There will be different "reactions".... Just spend the time, go slow, analyze, let these tones burn into your memory and dig.
If you start going at it like a SilverBack Gorilla that just consumed an energy drink, you are gonna get discouraged.
As you gain experience then start fiddling slowly with settings. Such as trying the different modes multi and single frequency, Iron bias, recovery etc. Pick an unknown target that you would most likely dig with the above settings, then start manipulating. See how the detector reacts. This is where the real eye opener will happen and "things" will start clicking together for you.
Best of luck!

I was advised to swing slowly to get the best results with it.... in my opinion that is very important and has netted me quite a few silver coins.... in fact, more than any other detector I have ever owned put together.
Great advice the nox has been my only machine for two years and it finds the goods! I only hunt in all metal mode I like to hear everything go slow and circle your targets
I had bought a Deus a month ago but I like the tones much better with my Nox .
Mark

Yep fwcrawford is right on. Swing slow and truly listen to what the equinox is trying to explain to you. Ever since I slowed my recovery speed down and scan slow, my finds have skyrocketed. If you want to get started right away with making finds. Here are my current and primary settings.

Ground Balance - 0
Volume - MAX - and adjust the output on the headphones. (if you can't do this, you will obviously have to adjust on the machine)
50 tones
Recovery speed - 4
Park1 -multi-frequency.
scan slowly
most importantly, listen to the tones. They convey a ton of info and over time you will be in tune. Targets are going to overlap in TID however, those tones will alert you to the differences. There will be different "reactions".... Just spend the time, go slow, analyze, let these tones burn into your memory and dig.
If you start going at it like a SilverBack Gorilla that just consumed an energy drink, you are gonna get discouraged.
As you gain experience then start fiddling slowly with settings. Such as trying the different modes multi and single frequency, Iron bias, recovery etc. Pick an unknown target that you would most likely dig with the above settings, then start manipulating. See how the detector reacts. This is where the real eye opener will happen and "things" will start clicking together for you.
Best of luck!
Jim has great advice to!
Mark

Ground Balance - 0
50 tones
Recovery speed - 4
Park1 -multi-frequency.
scan slowly
Best of luck!
Very good advice on getting started.... this advice helped learn the detector pretty fast and I started making good finds in a short time.
Also using the word “scanning” is more accurate than “sweeping slowly” which I stated above in my post.
This is how I refer to the way I detect with the Equinox.

Ground Balance - 0
50 tones
Recovery speed - 4
Park1 -multi-frequency.
scan slowly
Best of luck!
I would like to point out I use the 800 and a recovery of 4 = 2 on the 600

Attachments

• 667839BF-A3E5-4467-A650-C10C051F2551.jpeg
    667839BF-A3E5-4467-A650-C10C051F2551.jpeg
    319 KB · Views: 83
Mr. Ron,
The first season I hunted with the equinox I blasted quite a bit of silver out of the ground. It doesn’t take long to pick up on the tone language. That’s not saying I don’t learn from those tones 3 years later because I do. Most importantly, pay closer attention to the tones then the TID. I believe you would be pleasantly surprised with the Equinox.

Last edited:
Long-time Garrett user. Deciding to try something new. My normal detector is the Garrett GTI 2500 that I have used for 20 years. Finally pulled the trigger, and I just ordered the Minelab Equinox 600. Should be interesting I've heard good things about this detector
I have owned the Equinox 600 for about 20 months now. It will rival the 800 model In Every Aspect IF....?
And I repeat the word IF...?
You just spend a little more time learning it.

Welcome to the Equinox Forum..!

The 800 owners are equally qualified to give you great advice. Listen to them..!!

Just make sure you always specify you are using the 600 model.

Happy Hunting 💰💰💰

Ground Balance - 0
50 tones
Recovery speed - 4
Park1 -multi-frequency.
scan slowly
Best of luck!
A Silverback Gorilla that just consumed an energy drink... Dude you just made me spit my coffee LMAO!!

Don't put unnecessary weight on your coil. I haven't broken one yet but have read a lot of horror stories about broken coil ears.

That being said, the Equinox is a beast and has breathed a lot of fresh air into detecting for me. I can't take 50 tones and opted for 5 but I understand the argument in favor of 50.

My advice is revisit some of your old favorite sites with the Nox. I was astonished at what I hadn't found with my other machines.
Great choice and good luck!