Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Three rings in the same hole!

DFX USER

FloridaRob here.I have not posted for quite a while but I enjoy reading all of your posts. I had to post this as yesterday was one of my most exciting days of tecting. I visited an old park right downtown that I have been to before. About a year ago I found a very old, very large silver ring with 7 CZ stones in that park and I thought I would try it again. This park is nothing but a lake that you can walk around but most people lay out on towels and blankets just to enjoy the scenery. I began hunting the exact same area where I had previously found the silver ring and managed to find some old clad change. I wondered around the lake and then headed back after about 2 hours. I was fixing to head out but made my way back to the initial area I was searching for one last try. I came upon a large fire ant mound that I had worked around just a couple hours earlier. I stay away from those fire ants as they bite and I don't like to get bit! For some reason I decided to scan over the ant bed and when I did instantly got a hit. My VDI numbers were jumping around and I was trying to nail it down but was having a hard time seperating the signals as there was multiple targets. I finally saw a vdi 47 on the Gold (blue) frequency and decided to dig, even in the ant bed. Quite honestly I do not usually dig when I get so many varying signals but this one just said "dig me". I usually get on my knees but with all the ants I just bent at the waist and dug. My first scoop yielded nothing but out popped an 18K gold ring with pearls in the next scoop. I could plainly see it was gold but I didn't know it was 18K until later in the day. Of course I was thrilled but the best was yet to come. As I got ready to refill my hole with my foot (remember all the ants and they were going crazy right about now so no way I am knealing) I ran the 10" coil I was using over the dig area again. Still multiple targets so I dug. Quicky out popped a quarter. Another scan revealed still more targets. Once again I bent at the waist and dug down about 4 to 5". Out popped a beautiful silver ring with a large heart shaped stone, bright pink in color. I about crapped my pants. Right at that moment my son calls me on his cell phone to see how I am doing. He tects with me sometimes. I told him the story of the 2 rings while still standing over the hole and he is as excited as I am. We talk for 5 minutes and when I hang up I once again scan the hole. Now only one target and it is reading gold. Could there be another one? One big scoop and out pops a beautiful bright gold large womens 14K gold band custom made with the name "Maria" right in the design. Unbelievable! I called my son right back to tell him about #3 and at first he didn't believe me but he knows me pretty well and knew I was on the up and up.

I have found some incredible stuff in the past but that was a first for me with 3 very nice rings coming out of the same hole. It seemed like a dream with rings popping out of the ground left and right. I am guessing the rings had been there for many years. Someone probably took them off and layed them on thier blanket only to lose them in the nice thick St Augustine grass. It was a rush that will last for a few days and then I will be back to searching for the next exciting find. I love this hobby and also my V3i! Thank you for reading.

That would have been a first for me. WOW, keep up the good work.

Fantastic.......:clapping:

Holy Cow! Nice Rings!

What a pay day WTG. :twodetecting::whites::cheers:

You....LIAR!!!! Lol, just kidding, that is incredible! (showoff). Hopefully that isn't all that remains of some poor woman who got eaten by ants!!

dene97 said:
You....LIAR!!!! Lol, just kidding, that is incredible! (showoff). Hopefully that isn't all that remains of some poor woman who got eaten by ants!!

That's funny. That reminded me that once I had clipped my finger nails outside on the driveway while setting in a chair. It didn't take long for ants to start carrying off the clippings. I was amazed that such a small ant could carry a nail clipping that was 4 times it's own size. Maybe the ants did devour the the poor woman and all that was left was the rings. Her bad luck and my good luck. lol.