Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This needs to be addressed

petew

I just googled( xterra 705 tornado coil.

A UK forum was one of a few that came up,from 2012.
Longhair admitted to buying a tornado coil on that thread. Personally, I have a problem with that,seeming he shuts threads down when nel coils are mentioned. Not attacking anyone here,just don't like hypocrisy or communism.

And in that post, I admitted that I had no idea at the time that they were clandestine coils. I also bought it second hand, so I showed no direct support for the thieves. Since then I've been informed, and pass that information along. I used to get into heated debates with Randy about it back when we were hungry for 3kHz coils besides a 9" CC, and he showed me the light with an in depth look at the big picture, which is all that I present to those contemplating the same mistake.
You can accuse me of hypocrisy if you like, but by definition you'd be wrong. A hypocrite says one thing and does another. I did something that I learned from, never repeated, and now try to discourage others from replicating my error.
I make no excuses. I only offer my explanation.
It should however give more credence to my testimony that they aren't all that they're hyped up to be.....if anyone is looking for honesty instead of Minelab hating fairytale.

petew said:
A UK forum was one of a few that came up,from 2012.
Longhair admitted to buying a tornado coil on that thread. Personally, I have a problem with that,seeming he shuts threads down when nel coils are mentioned. Not attacking anyone here,just don't like hypocrisy or communism.

It seems to me that you have confused hypocrisy and communism with integrity and capitalism.

As as one of the Field Testers and someone who helped start this X-TERRA forum, I don't give a rat's azz what anyone says about the NEL coils on any other forum. However, out of respect to those sponsors who pay Findmall for providing us a place to share our experiences regarding the X-TERRA, I decided early on that this particular X-TERRA forum would not allow advertising from manufacturers or dealers who did not help sponsor this forum. I also decided that this forum would not be a place to promote products that were pirated from legitimate manufacturers. Those aren't Findmall's rules....they are mine. If you have a problem with that, report me to the owner of Findmall.

Minelab manufactures the X-TERRA and is one of the sponsors who help pay for this forum. And, they spent a lot of money developing the technology behind the X-TERRA. Minelab holds the patents to VFLEX and the X-TERRA products. NEL has NO LICENSE to manufacture these coils and is breaking international patent rights to make and sell these coils. Therefore, as long as I help moderate this forum, I will continue to remove posts that promote this pirated technology. As I said, if you don't like that....report me to the owner of Findmall.
JMO Randy

Bottom line is lead by example,don't talk trash about a product you purchased .And that's MY rule,I could give a rats ass about your opinion.If I ever see another post on any thread about negativity on nel coils ,I'll call it.Lead by example would fit this issue.Sorry ,minelab made a good machine,nel made it great.

I own my mistakes, and I call them as I see them. Having purchased one and recognizing it as a mistake, doesn't mean that I shouldn't pass along what I've learned does it? They were relatively new, and I was ignorant. I should have known better when such a new product was being sold second hand, and cheap to boot. It was one of a few detecting accessories I've bought over the years that I'm honestly sorry to have spent the money on, and I've never made any bones about it.

Mel might be a pirated technology .... But it has sure have helped Minelab and other companies with there sales of machines..
I have seen where Detectorist are buying New detectors and having a Nel coil added with there orders..

I have a NEL sharp shooter on my Fisher F2... works great
I have a NEL Sharp shooter on my Minelab X-Terra 705.. works great
I want a NEL Sharp shooter for my Minalab Safari.. hopefully works great

These days everything has a pirated technology somehow..........

:rolleyes: Why does Minelab allow their dealers to sell NEL coils if it is such a big problem:shrug:? Can someone actually employed by Minelab please reply here? I have spoke to quite a few dealers that sell NEL coils for the X-terra. It's your money petew, spend it how you like; just too bad that you can't talk about it here. There's more than one treasure forum fish in the internet sea.:usaflag:

I spend hundreds of hours detecting and researching.i am in no way loyal to any brand or model,I use what works and try to use them all once if I can.This is not my job,just my hobbie.Ive used and owned every machine from the aka signum to the old school whites ,just to try them out.I enjoy the electronics just as much as the hunt.
I own a tree service,and got my start in this hobby by checking stumps with a metal detector before grinding them out,metal will kill the carbide teeth.

And started finding a lot of coins,and got hooked.

Then my research started,and buying.And I gotta say,minelab was one of the last brands I bought.Not because of the performance,they sounded top of the line.But the users posts were just plain arrogant,and that just made me not want to even own one,don't care for that.
but I did,bought them all at one time or another.And they are all great machines,regardless of how the users act.

You guys trying to force your beliefs on others isn't very patriotic.To force someone to believe what you do or not have a say so ,or comment,that goes back to the grade school days.Remember the golden rule didn't say don't bullshit a bullshitter.

I've almost sold my Minelab and still thinking about it because of the way Nel get bashed. If it wasn't for the Nel I have been using around a electric fence I would have sold my xterra already. Don't get me wrong the xterra is a great machine. I don't think any one on here only puts genuine parts from Chevy, ford or so on on there cars. If Minelab eases up they will sell a lot more detectors. I know that because a lot of us that own them have already talked about that. And the it has made a some sell their machine and I've been seriously thinking about it.

So it not just me,wow. Right now I'm thinking it's not so much minelab, I haven't heard a peep from any employee as far as I know.And as a matter of fact,seems its old longhair and Randy who have the problem.Sounds like a problem minelab has to deal with,I'm emailing them today.

7centsworth said:
I've almost sold my Minelab and still thinking about it because of the way Nel get bashed. If it wasn't for the Nel I have been using around a electric fence I would have sold my xterra already. Don't get me wrong the xterra is a great machine. I don't think any one on here only puts genuine parts from Chevy, ford or so on on there cars. If Minelab eases up they will sell a lot more detectors. I know that because a lot of us that own them have already talked about that. And the it has made a some sell their machine and I've been seriously thinking about it.

Not me,im keeping mine,great machine.Just ordered the nel snake hf coil,figured since spring is over a month away it'll give me time to test it out in the house.Then its off to hit some very old sidewalks

petew said:
So it not just me,wow. Right now I'm thinking it's not so much minelab, I haven't heard a peep from any employee as far as I know.And as a matter of fact,seems its old longhair and Randy who have the problem.Sounds like a problem minelab has to deal with,I'm emailing them today.

Obviously, Minelab knows that some dealers selling their detectors also sell these coils. But I fail to see where that has anything to do with making posts about the coils on this forum. To me, it is a matter of principle.....ethics.....morality. A Ukrainian company pirated the technology without having license from the OEM or access to the engineering specifications. Some might call that backward engineering. Others might call it stealing. Whatever you call it doesn't matter to me. Until NEL and Minelab reach an agreement to allow these coils to be manufactured to the recommended specifications, I will view them no differently than I would a counterfeit clone. The fact that they are being sold as they are now goes against my principles, my ethics and my moral fiber. The fact that it doesn't bother you might say more about you than it does me.

Digger said:
petew said:

Obviously, Minelab knows that some dealers selling their detectors also sell these coils. But I fail to see where that has anything to do with making posts about the coils on this forum. To me, it is a matter of principle.....ethics.....morality. A Ukrainian company pirated the technology without having license from the OEM or access to the engineering specifications. Some might call that backward engineering. Others might call it stealing. Whatever you call it doesn't matter to me. Until NEL and Minelab reach an agreement to allow these coils to be manufactured to the recommended specifications, I will view them no differently than I would a counterfeit clone. The fact that they are being sold as they are now goes against my principles, my ethics and my moral fiber. The fact that it doesn't bother you might say more about you than it does me.
:cheers: I agree 100%.
Work with the manufactures or we won't buy your scab product.

If you are going to write to me complaining about a moderator, you need to get your story straight. I read the posts, and Digger did not say “He does not give a rats ass he makes his own rules about what's said about xterra's and anyone who doesn't like it can report him to Finds.” What he said was that he doesn't give a rat's azz about what anyone says about the NEL coils on any OTHER forum.

As to reporting him to me, let me explain how this works.....

When Minelab introduced the Xterra, I asked Digger if he would be willing to moderate a new Xterra forum. As a Field Tester for the product, he had acquired the knowledge and skills that would be very beneficial to users and potential users. When he asked what the rules were, I told him to make his own rules and run it as if it were his own. He has done just that, helping to make it the most popular Xterra forum in the world. When NEL started to market Xterra coils, Digger made it very clear that he did not believe that any company who pirates another company's technology should be given accolades on the Xterra forum. It should be quite obvious to you that his principles have not wavered. If he doesn't want posts being made about products that aren't legally legitimate Xterra accessories, then that is the way it is. As I said, I leave the decisions of what can or can't be posted to the Xterra forum up to Digger. If the time comes that NEL reaches an agreement to license their products with Minelab legally, I'm sure he will encourage the discussion to move forward.

[size=x-large]In the meantime, I'd suggest you abide by the "rules” if you want to avoid a battle you aren't going to win.
[/size]

Guvner..

petew said:

Who could give a stuff about a peep from a Minelab employee Pete.....they don't use em or make a living out of detecting.
Here's a peep old mate from someone that does...
We'd more than likely have a few more Minelab and Coiltek XTerra coils in our line up if it wasn't for the bodgey rip-off European coils, stuff NEL. Their coils are way overhyped.
I've been banned before for saying I wouldn't pi*s on a NEL coil, or on those that use them.
I personally hate their sly guts for flooding the market with illegal coils, when I could be using far better coils with far better size dimensions in both concentric and dd's than the silly ukranian's make ( oh.. someone should mention to NEL that when a dd vlf coil levels out at 14.5" round...that is the limit for depth penetration and signal response only suffers at a larger size.

This comes straight off the Ukraine numnuts sales pitch site. I particularly like the broken english comprehension, and in particular this bullsh*t sentence...
" Coil BIG is the deepest coil in the world for different metal detectors, which is confirmed by tests of independent experts in the various forums and searchers at metal detecting meetings!"

BS....I can tell you first hand that the 14.5" 7.5khz Coiltek All Terrain beats this dodgy Ukraine coil on both small and large target signal responses on every ground type from marshland to fair dinkum hot ground. This 'BIG' coil falses badly, and has what is usually referred to as a 'hole' at depth. A common expression used now to explain misses at depth due to the splay of both transmit and receive signals.

Coil Big is the deepest coil in the world for different metal detectors, which is confirmed by tests of independent experts in the various forums and searchers at metal detecting meetings! It is recommended to use as a coil for deep searching. Coil is excellent for finding large targets as well as for small targets which are 1g and more at 25 cm depth. This coil is superior to standard coil in depth by 50% and in ground coverage of between 40%. This coil is recommended for use in open terrain. Coil is fully submersible, body is filled with epoxy resin and additionally has a black protective coating that is used for the protection of marine boats, and it makes it possible to use the coil without a coil cover. The Big coil copes excellently with high and medium soil salinity. Recommended for professionals.

petew said:
Bottom line is lead by example,don't talk trash about a product you purchased .And that's MY rule,I could give a rats ass about your opinion.If I ever see another post on any thread about negativity on nel coils ,I'll call it.Lead by example would fit this issue.Sorry ,minelab made a good machine,nel made it great.

I'll give you more negativity than you can handle Pete..

Minelab made a GREAT machine...NEL brings nothing to the table to enhance the XTerra.. Only sub-standard products in the form of copied tech that they aren't licensed to produce.

What's up Pete? ...You got money rolling over in the form NEL coils gathering dust on a shelf?