Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is for the V.A. Surf Pirates?????

2nd dumb question: If you go under water totally with the Excal, do you get water in you ears listening to the headphones? Just wondering about that, or do they seal off pretty good?:( (Believe it or not, I'm serious about that question. I've always wondered that since I talked to Wanda at Kellyco. She's a pretty serious "water wader" with the EXcalibur.

Mike, if I ever get over to Virginia Beach, I'd like to get a shot of you standing on the pier,with your detector in hand, waving it in the air, yelling out to your "beach pirates", "All right maties, All aboard for the night train". (Yea, I still dig James Brown.):D I'm so dumb these days, I just recently figured out that a bunch of you guys were all hunting at night, then I figured it out, (I think) Less crouds, but even more important, the low tides times. Boy I hope I get a gold star for that one, or a swift kick in the hiney. Guess I better get my "little hinney" out there.

That's why I doi it...no crowds, no heat, wet sand line is clear. There's plenty of light from the hotels and the beach is never empty...you see people out there...couples, even families...swimming and playing at 3AM. And I've not had any problems except for the ocassional drunk talking some smack and I usually put them in their place. Diplomatically when possible. :)

He has about seven 40 size planes just for the hobby and enjoys that. He belongs to the Hampton Roads Radio Control Club that meets at Lone Star Lakes. He does have members that are into the IMAA. He does participate in the air show team locally. And we have had some wrecks. It's an expensive hobby!!!!!!!

Hmm...I think he needs to sell one of those planes and buy his honey a computer. Know what I'm sayin'? :D

OMG...I'm glad I spell checked this...I originally wrote "Buy his hiney and computer." :lol:

Just turned 40, married to my lovely wife Michelle.
I'm an IT manager for GEICO Insurance; yes the one's with the Gecko commercials.

I hunt with an Excal, modified with a 15" WOT coil. I surf also, so some days when the hunting is probably good, I'm out surfing. Mostly hunt early morning before work, 5-7am. I love hunting in the middle of winter, no crowds, although the finds are a little slower to come, I prefer the solitude.

I hunt in discrimination mode so I don't have to dig all the trash, of course you always get a little.....

And all the guys and gals I've met here at the beach are really cool, good people, and there's no one that shares the aloha spirit more than Max does!!

Happy hunting!
-Rich

get water "IN" my ears. To get water in your ears most of the time you have to tilt your ear directly up so the air trapped in it can float out an be replaced by water. I do know that if you go to any depth at 12 feet and beyond you will need to equalize the pressure in your ears to regain some hearing.