Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is for the V.A. Surf Pirates?????

MrPirate

Do you guys work or are you retired and are you married or have your wives left you too?:) Also I wanted to know if you guys dig every signal you get or do you know pretty much what a bottle top sounds like and pass it up?
You guys please Stay away from Miami until I clean up South Beach:thumbup:

Good Luck
Mark

I work full time as a network engineer. Retired Navy Chief Torpedo Tech. I have a wife. Fortunately she likes jewelry. :)

I dig everything except bottlecaps and some pennies. I would say I have about a 99% accuracy in identifying both. Bottlecaps are easy with the Excal because of the sound thay make.

You better get busy cleaning that beach because I'm coming down there to visit my sistes during the week of September 19th and we'll be hitting South Beach. :) She lives in West Palm Beach.

Are we wasting our time answering the top secret questions u have asked??

will it make any difference in what u do??..............i do not think so, but here goes.

take a look at this pic in detail..................what would u say

my excaliber likes rusty bottle caps - i can not tell them from good targets, now the newer ones - Yes, but i have found two nice watches that make the same sound as new bottle caps, so i dig all them i can find...............same deal with pennies...........I HATE THEM, BUT i have dug two real nice 14K gold wedding bands that sound just like pennies and read like them too with my exp II...........

Your excal. will null out on nails, iron, bobbie pins, e t c...............cheap earrings, u can test it............it very seldon ever L I E S

two guys here hunt in all metals and then switch over to discrimate...........not me..........waste to much valuable time...............waste toooo much as it is with all the dag clad.

NOT MARRIED...............SHOULD BE............MAYBE AGAIN LATER ON

WORK........i am here now fighting it................resting my arm........dreaming about the surf gold..............i have been digging surf gold along time, but each new piece is like glory when u see it in your scoop

Mr Pirate................good luck.........i think u will need it...........luck is 90% of the game

South Beach, now that i hear the professor is going, i may have to fuel up the lear seaplane and head that way also. :) :)

Married and wife loves diamond rings and gold. Retired Naval Reserve Commander & Verizon manager in computers and LAN work. Active police captain on Portsmouth PD auxiliary police unit. So, I work when I want to as reserve cop.

Wife works full-time and says "You paid your dues to 2 companies and retired, go play all you want". Best woman in the world. I try to hit the beach daily from June-September working around the low tide. BUT remember, ain't nobody happy if Momma ain't happy.

I have an Excal and a PI for the beach. With the PI I have to dig every target. With the Excal I don't have to. I check the nulled-out targets and so far, they are all junk just like the machine says they are. Every junk tone that I thought was a bottlecap was a bottlecap. With time, you'll learn your tones and know when to dig.

I'm like Max. I hunt in discriminate mode, turned down to 0, keep the volume up, the threshold minimum and the sensitivity between 11am-1pm area. So far the Excal is great at waht it is designed for BUT I still love to take the PI PRo down for it's depth.

Just curious.If you don't dig it how do you know what it is????Many rings are found with those signals.

That's why I said 99% on the pennies. Because I dig them anyway. As for the bottlecaps, that's a different story. The Ecal makes a very distinctive "fart" sound on most of them and on those I don't dig. And many times I won't dig the sickly sounding foil sound that foil makes. And by that I don't mean all foil signals, just the sound the Excal makes on REAL foil. Because unlike other machines...like my CZ-70 for example...with REAL FOIL, you can tell on the Excal. So I listen to everything...no disc...and I dig ALMOST everything, except that which I KNOW is junk. And I'm very confident that I know what that is. I DID dig everything for a long time, until I knew.

WORK AT MY OWN BUSINESS
MARRIED
NO, PAT DIDN'T LEAVE ME, HE ALSO HAS HIS OWN HOBBY - RADIO CONTROLLED AIRPLANES
DIG EVERYTHING

STAY AWAY FROM VA BEACH SO WE CAN GET ALL THE GOODIES!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

You say you do not discriminate, but I thought you ran in discrimination mode with it turned all the way down to 1. That setting does discriminate Iron, correct? (or not?)

Ref Pat's hobby....
IMAA?
Big?
Scale?
I was BIG into it before moving down here! Just wondered if our paths had crossed in the past!?
I am suppose to head to King William Courthouse for a Fly-in get-together the 2nd weekend in October. Had even give thought heading to VA Beach after, but work "conflict" that week.

it gives u a quick signal to let u know, cheap earrings, etc.........i dig them sometimes to test what they are.............it is a null sound.......zip goes quiet over target

like i said above...............it hardly ever lies to u............a null most of the time is a null.............= hair brad, earring - junk something---------nail, piece of wire, fish hook

we dig the nulls to to see - or i do ...........not all

There is no solid rule that I follow. If I'm not POSITIVE, I dig it. Many times when I was POSITIVE, I dug anyway and I was right on most of them, wrong on a few. If the recovery will be fairly easy and I'm pretty sure it's a "loser" I will usually dig it anyway. If the recovery will be tough to impossible (Like heavy surf) I may let it pass. And I may have passed up a few things, for sure. But there is also a reason people buy ID machines instead of PI machines and if you are always going to dig EVERYTHING, why bother with an ID machine? Make sense?

You know I certainly have a nice history of finds to look back on, so I will simply say it works for me. I'm definitely NOT leaving gold rings laying all over the place due to passing up signals. Would I bet the farm that I NEVER missed one? Nope. I'm sure there were a number of deep iron signals with my Fisher and a number of deep nulls with my Minelabs that, had I dug them, would have been nice gold rings. There is no doubt that the very BEST finds go to those that dig EVERYTHING. :shrug: It's just that they may kill themsleves a little quicker doing it. And I may live to dig one of their rings on another day. :lol:

Mike, that was bordering on a "Grammy" award post. You couldn't have said it better, at least as far as I'm concerned, it made total sense. "Go get em, killer".:geek:

Boy here's a dumb question, but I guess I'll ask it anyway. I want, want, want, an Excallibur, but aren't there two different models, one with an 8" coil and one with a 10.5 or am I still in the "ding dong" mode.???:surrender: